TATA INFOTECH Job Placement
Tatainfotech written test on 29th sep 2004 in Bangalore.
The pattern is : Section 1 : Verbal Time : 08 min No. of Q's - 32
Section 2 : letters Time : 10 min No. of Q's - 24
Section 3 : Numerical Time : 06 min No. of Q's - 32
Section 4 : Reasoning Time : 20 min No. of Q's - 20
*Section 5 : graphical Time : 35 min No. of Q's - 7
The no. of questions may vary. Time keeping is very important.
Every section has start time and stop time.Once the time is out we
cannot go through the previous section.
Section 1 : VERBAL SECTION
This section had Synonyms
A:guard B:watching C:roaming D:--- E: ----
going thro' GRE barrons will work.
Section 2 : letters
This had questions of type
1 : A D C G F ? which is the next in the series?
Ans : J
Before starting this section just write
A B C D---Z in the rough sheet when U R given time to read
Section 3 : Numerical
This section is a rapid fire round .
We have to work it in mind not with paper.
Simple mathematics with Addition,Multiplication,Division.
Section 4 : Reasoning
This section has questions from aptitude
Distance,Proportion Very simple time keeping is important.
Section 5 : graphical
cutoff : 30/35
This section has 7 flowcharts with 5 Q's each.
We have to read the question and then observe the flowchart.
Careful observation with logical thinking is enough.
There r empty cells in flowchart numbered 1 Thro' 5
We have to guess which out of 5 choices exactly fits the cell
|==========| |===| |============== |
|select first | ------>| 1 |- --->| IS >4000 & <5000
|==========| |===| |============== |
In question there are ranges given
IS salary of emp 1 : <4000 - type A
2 : >4000 & <5000 - type B
3 : > 5000 - type C
So in cell 1 the choice is
a : Is >4000
b :Is =4000
c : Is <4000 Ans
Tata Infotech Placement Papers - 24 Sept.
Tata infotech test on 24 sep.The test was quite easy but really the
time is not at all suficient.The pattern is as follows:
There were totally 5 sections.
1)Verbal ability: There were abt 36 GRE words.Time alloted is 8 min.
2)Alphabet series: There were abt 24 qns.Time alloted is 8 min.
3)Quantz: There were abt 36 qns.Time alloted is 6min!!!.U have to be
very very fast.U need not require any preparation.It was like:
Only abt 3-4 qns were like RS agarwal type.So u better be fast in
4) Reasoning:Very easy.24 qns.20 min.I solved all in this part & was
left with 2 more min.U need not have any preparation.
5) Flow charts: It was a bit different from usual flowcharts.
There were totally 7 qns.Each problem had 5 cells indicated with nos
1,2,3,4,5.Also, objective of each problem was given.U need to fill the
5 cells in each qns with appropriate answers.So totally u have to
attempt- 7qns*5cells in each=35 cells.time is 35 min.They told that
a sectional cut-off & it is very high.They leaked the flow chart
cutoff.U have to get 30 out of 35.
Tata Infotech Placement Papers - 2003
Directions: Give the synonyms for the following words
1. Depreciation: deflation, depression, devaluation, fall, slump
2. Deprecate : feel and express disapproval,
3. Incentive : thing one encourages one to do (stimulus)
4. Echelon : level of authority or responsibility
5. Innovation : make changes or introduce new things
6. Intermittent : externally stopping and then starting
7. Detrimental: harmful
8. Conciliation : make less angry or more friendly
9. Orthodox: conventional or traditional, superstitious
10. Fallible : liable to error
11. Volatile : ever changing
12. Manifest: clear and obvious
13. Connotation : suggest or implied meaning of expression
14. Reciprocal: reverse or opposite
15. Agrarian : related to agriculture
16. Vacillate : undecided or dilemma
17. Expedient : fitting proper, desirable
18. Simulate : produce artificially resembling an existing one.
19. Access : to approach
20. Compensation: salary
21. Truncate : shorten by cutting
22. Adherence : stick
23. Heterogeneous: non similar things
24. Surplus : excessive
25. Assess : determine the amount or value
26. Cognizance : knowledge
27. Retrospective : review
28. Naive : innocent, rustic
29. Equivocate : tallying on both sides, lie, mislead
30. Postulate : frame a theory
31. Latent : dormant, secret
32. Fluctuation : wavering,
33. Eliminate : to reduce
34. Affinity : strong liking
35. Expedite : hasten
36. Console : to show sympathy
37. Adversary : opposition
38. Affable : lovable or approachable
39. Decomposition : rotten
40. Agregious : apart from the crowd, especially bad
41. Conglomeration: group, collection
42. Aberration: deviation
43. Augury : prediction
44. Creditability : ability to common belief, quality of being credible
45. Coincident: incidentally
46. Constituent : accompanying
47. Differential : having or showing or making use of
48. Litigation : engaging in a law suit
49. Moratorium: legally or officially determined period of delay before
fulfillment of the agreement of paying of debts.
50. Negotiate : discuss or bargain
51. Preparation : act of preparing
52. Preponderant : superiority of power or quality
53. Relevance : quality of being relevant
54. Apparatus : appliances
55. Ignorance : blindness, in experience
56. Obsession: complex enthusiasm
57. precipitate : speed, active
Directions: In the following questions complete the series
NOTE: This section is quite tough and consists of 26 questions to be
done in 10 minutes. Please keep track of time.
1. A C B D E F G I - I H K J L
2. A I Z B E Y C I X D I - G E N J W
3. A D G J M P - R W T S
4. A B C E F G I J K - M L O N P
5. A B F G K L P Q - T S V U W
6. J W X U V S T - Q P S E T
7. A R H X Y T D T W S T - N P T K R
8. F M B I P Z V I E V - I R Y O U
9. N Z I Y C X KW F - J F V M Y
10. A A S A S P A S P K A - R Q T S U
11. A E C P S - T R U E
12. B B P R D D L N F F I K - H Q J I K
13 A Z E X I V M T - R Q N S O
14. A B D G K P - L I W U X
15. B C D A E G H I F J L M N L K N M O
16. X W E F G V U H I J K - P N S R T
17. O D J T O P Q N O E R T - Q O U V W
18. P R N U U P E J R B B - H V U N E
19.L U L M G M N F N P S - O N Q P S
1. 420% OF 7.79 = ?
2. 3427 / 16.53 = ?
3. 10995 /95 = ?
4. 43+557-247 =?
5. 3107*3.082= ?
6. 48.7 + 24.9 - 8.7 = ?
7.525.0/47.8 = ?
8. (135-30-14)*7 - 6 +2 = ?
9. 3/8 * 5.04=?
10. 697 /219 = ?
11.8/64 +64/16 =?
12. 298 * 312 / 208 = ?
13. 0.33 *1496 /13 = ?
14.0.26 + 1/8 = ?
15. 66.17+1/3= ?
16. 2.84+1/4= ?
17. 33% OF 450 = ?
18. 907.54 / 0,3073= ?
19.There are two categories of persons in ratio A:B = 2:3. A type earns
2.5 dollars/hr and
B type 1 dollar/hr total money earned by both is 24dollars. Then what is
the total number of persons
20. Total balls are z, the number of red balls is n and the remaining
are blak balls,then the % of black
balls equal to ?
Ans. (z - n) / z*100
21. If A = C, B = 2D what should be done to make the ratio same. i.e.a/b
Ans. Multiply A by 2
22. If P=Total number of components, Q = number of defective components
.What is the % of non defective components?
Ans. (p-q) / p*100
23. If the cost of an article is x , first discount given is y% of cost,
second discount given is z% of cost .
The selling price of x is
Ans. x (1-y / 100) (1- z / 100)
24.Which of the following are prime numbers
25. A / B = C; C > D then
(a) A is always greater than D
(b) C is always greater than D
(c) B is always less than D
(d) None of these
26. If B>C and A<C which of the following is larger than A+B+C
Ans. ( A + B )C
27. If for H hours of work the salary is S and the employee gets x hours
of medical leave, then what is the salary/hr ?
28. ( 1/6 of 596) / (0.695) = ?
29. 35-30 + 4/7 - 5 + 1 = ?
30. 10995 + 95 = ?
31. If on a salary of Rs."S" per month,one has to pay one tax of x Rs.
and a second type of tax of y Rs
then % of salary taken home is?
Ans. s-(x+y)/s * 100
32. B>A then which expression will be highest value
(d) Can't Say
33. K, L are men who take home a salary of x, y respectively.The total
amount taken home is
Ans. Kx + Ly
34. If out of X bulbs y bulbs are broken;The % of non broken bulbs
Ans. (x-y) / x*100
35. If on a salary s per month, a tax of x% of the salary and another of
r% of the salary is deducted what
is the income.
36. 0.512 * 18902358 =?
37. If the % of defective balls is 10% balls,and the number of defective
balls is 5.The number of balls is
38. 6.29% of 2.8 =?
39. 0.398 * 456= ?
40. 0 < x < 1 which is greater
41. If c = a/b; a-1 = c, what is the relation between a and b?
Ans. b = a/a-1
42. What is the sum of 7 consecutive odd numbers with 27 as the fourth
Directions: There are 7 flow charts and each has 5-6 blank
sub question number in the rectangle/diamond. You have to fill the blank
5 options given against respective question number
NOTE: These types of questions are not at all tough. You have to
understand the logic and then it is very easy to fill the blanks. Some
information is provided for getting to the answers. There will be blanks
which have to be filled.
Examples of flow charts asked to be filled :
(1) There are 3 boxes of 3 balls each. you have to select the heaviest
(2) There are red and black balls in a box. You select some balls from
the blocks. If the ball chosen is red then you get one point. If the
chosen ball is ball black and previous ball is red then you get two
points. For winning u have to get seven points. No point for selecting
consecutive balls of the same color.
(3)Classify objects in class A, class B and scrap. for classing you have
to do different tests such as weight test, material test etc.
(4)There is production process in which action depends on temperature
and pressure and we have some temperature and pressure controls. Draw a
flowchart to complete the process.
(5)Find max. and min. of the 12 nos. in an array. Arrange the array in
ascending order and find the maximum and
minimum value in the array
(6)Diffrent age group are given and also diffrent salary slabs are
given. Depending on the salary group as well as his group you have to
classify the group of people in particular class.