InfoTech Placement Papers
PATTERN ON 3rd APRIL AT BHUBANESWAR
.... I m Biswapratap Chatterjee from KIIT - UNIVERSITY Bhubaneswar ....
WIPRO visited our campus on 3rd April 2007
Appeared : 650
Written cleared : 288 students .
Technical Interview cleared : 155 students .
HR interview cleared : 147 students .
WHAT ? I WAS ONE OF THOSE 147's !!!!
VERY IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE :
1. Probably WIPRO is one of those companies , who are looking for very
technically sound students .
2. The written exam is totally different from companies like TCS (NO
REPETATION) . THERE WILL BE SECTIONAL CUTOFF !!
3. There were 15 english questions (EASY). -------------- cutoff around 
4. There were 15 quantitative(all)/reasoning(all) questions (TRICKY !!)
------------ cutoff around 
5. There were 20 technical questions from C , C++ , OS (important) , LINUX
... ----------- cutoff around 
6. The technical interview was really a mamoth task !!!!
HE ASKED ME QUESTIONS FROM
a) Write a SQL QUERRY to find the 2nd higest number from a list of given
numbers in a table ?
b) What are the subjects of your current semester ? Explain briefly each of
the subject ?
c) What is dynamic linking explain with example ?
d) What is a dll file ?
e) What is kernel and micro-kernel ?
f) What is fork() ? Explain ?
g) What do you mean by multi-thread concept in OS ?
h) What are the differences between Windows '98 and Wndows Xp ? (Elimination
question) ........ So be thorough !!!
i) What is the difference between #include
and #include "myfile.c".
j) Explain BIT_WISE operator in C .
k) Explain about the command line arguments in C .
l) Be thorough upon [ .C file ] , [ .I file ] , [ .OBJ file ] , and [
executable file ] .
m) How do we compile a file in GCC and CC compiler in vi editor in LINUX?
Explain what happens ?
n) How do we execute a C file in LINUX without using [ ./
] option ?
o) Always remember BE CLEAR ON YOUR PROJECT ....... you will be surely
p) What is a SDS - DATABASE system ? (Elimination question)
7. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT IN WIPRO TECH_INTERVIEW IS THE REAL ELIMINATION
8. If you are from CS or IT department than you have a very +ve strength ,
untill and unless you answer the questions in tech round !!!
9. They will try to ask you questions that are not in your curriculum but DO
NOT SAY BLUNTLY THAT " I DON'T KNOW " .
10. They want to see your approach , when you are in a critical situation
(When you dont know the answer of something).
11. Dont be very careless during your HR ROUND bcoz you dont want to be
among the unfortunate 8 to 10 students !!!
Atlast I want
to mention ..... Apart from MICROSOFT , GOOGLE like companies , selection in
WIPRO is a respect in within that "I have cleared the most technically tough
company" . So be technically thorough and try to study in depth , my utmost
advice to those students who are from CS or IT department .
1) Don't be frightened (Greatest Enemy) .
2) Try to pursue the interviewer to ask questions which you know .
3) Always try to expose how much you know , bcoz its now or never !!!
4) Respect yourself and be confident !!!
5) Last but not the least "BEST OF LUCK" .
MEET YOU ALL SOON AS AN ----- "WIPROITE"