Job Placement Papers (All Companies)
Wipro InfoTech Placement Papers
WIPRO PAPER ON 20th MARCH
1. choose the
lettered pair that expresses a relationship most similar to relationship
expressed in the capitalized pair. LINEAGE :PERSON.
2. select the
word among the given choices that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the
3. select the word or pharse among the given choices that is most nearly similar in meaning to the word “ACM
(A)The highest point (B) sharpness (C) bottomless (d) harmony
4. given below
are words three of which belong to same category . find the word which
does not belong to that category.
5. from the following sets of words ,choose the word correctly spelt.
(B)facination (C) fascination (D) fastenation.
(a). women like to flatter man (b). men like to flatter flatter women.
(c). women like men to flatter them. (d). none of these.
7. each sentence is in direct or indirect speech and is followed by four alternatives of the opposite form of narration to that of the sentence , choose the correct alternative . the teacher forbade the boys to make a noise and advised them to do their work quietly.
(a). the teacher said,”boys,do not make a noise.do your work quietly.”
(b). the teacher said,” boys,do not make a noise to your work quietly”
(c). the teacher forbade the boys.” Do not make a noise to do your quietly”.
(d).none of these.
(a).doubt (b). acquittal (c) assurance (d) belief
9. Select among the given choices the correct phrase to replace the underlined phrase in the following sentence.
One person was killed and several others are injured in police firing and stone throwing, yesterday.
(a) one person is killed and severals others are injured
(b) one person was
killed and several others were injured.
(a). respect (b) believe (c) revere (d) worship
(11). Choose one of the words given in four alternatives which has wrong suffix.
(a) beginning (b) begineng (c) begininng (d) beginning
(12). Select the word among the given choices that is most nearly opposite meaning to the word “NOTORIOUS”.
(A)Fashionable (B) invincible (C)intrepid (D)renowned
13.select the word or pharse among the given choices that is most nearly similar in meaning to the word “BASHFUL”.
(A)Vigilant (B)confident (C)shy (D)complicated.
14.for each of the words given below a contextual usage is provided .pick the work from the alternatives given that is most INAPPROPRIATE in the given context .she is hot she is tasty, a delectable morsel on cool. Britain ’s multicultural gravy train.
(A) Palatable (B) bland (C)unsavory (D) offensive
15.select the option that can be substituted for the given sentence. A person with prejudiced views against religion.
(A) bigot (b) fanatic (c) orthodox (d) profane.
(A)50 (B)75 (C)66.75 (D) 80
17.The fraction EVE/DID=0.7986798679867986…….. is a normal fraction that can also be written as a recurring decimal. What is the vlue of I.
(A)0 (B)1 (C)3 (D)4.
18. Substitute digits for the letters to the following divison true
note that the leftmost letter can,t be zero in any word.Also , there must be a one-one mapping between digits and letters . E.g if you substitute 9 for the letter H, no other letter can be 9 and all other H in the puzzle must be 9. what is the value of P.
(A) 2 (B)3 (C) 5 (D) 1
19. A solar – powered car is being test driven. The vechile is driven at 30mph under solar power and 40 mph under regular power .The trip to the nearest town takes 45 min using both solar and regular power ,wheras the return trip takes 50 min using only solar power . on the trip to the town ,find the distance driven using regular power?
(A)10 miles (B) 15 miles (C) 40 miles (D) 25 miles
(A) 4 (B) 6 (C) 9 (D) 3
21. seven members of a town boards – F,G,H;J,K,L and M – Vote on a series of resolutions. On each resolution ,every member votes either aye or nay according to the following patterns.
H always votes the same way as G. If F votes aye ,then K votes aye. Either M or H votes the opposite way from J. H and M never both votes aye. L never votes the same way as K. If G and K vote aye which of the following must be true.
(A) F votes aye and M votes aye (b) H votes aye and F votes nay. (c) J votes may and F votes nay . (D) L votes nay and M votes nay.
22. which of the following will appear in the series ? 243,5, 81, 15, 27, 45, 9, ?.
(A) 27 (B) 15 (C) 5 (D) 135
23. how many times do the hands of the clock point towards each other in a day?
(A) 12 (B)18 (C) 22 (D) 24
24. a boy was asked to calculate the roots of quadratic equation Ax2+Bx+C=0. HE CALCULATED one of the roots wrong and other one right . with his calculation the sum and product of the roots were found to be 7 and 12 respectively. The product exceeded the product of the correct roots by 6. which of the following could nave been the original quadratic equation?
(A)x2+7x+12=0 (B) x2-5x+6=0 (C) x2-7x-12=0 (D) x2-8x+12=0
(A) 36 kmph (B) 41 kmph (C) 46 kmph (D) 31 kmph.
(A) 44kmph (B) 30 kmph (C) 36 kmph (D) 40 kmph
which of the following cannot be referred from the given information .?
(A)B has 3 children (B)M has two sons (c) G is younger to B. (D) A is younger to D.
(A) 1500 (B)1600 (C) 1800 (D) 1900
· A-E are brothers.
· B is A’ uncle’s son,
· C and D are daughter’s of B’s father’s brother.
· C-D are daughter’s of B’s father’s brother
· C-D are cousins of B.
How many male members are there?
(A)2 (B)3 (C)4 (D)5.
31. Consider the following program
if abcdefg is input, the output will be
(A) abcd (B)abc (C) efg (D) garbage.
struct xyz *p;
struct xyz a;
(A) compile time error (B) 0 (C)50 (D) garbage value.
(A)4 (B)8 (C) 32 (D) none of these.
(A)5 (B) 4 (C) 0 (D) syntax error.
(A)at the head (B) at the tail
(C) after the other entries that are greater than the other entry.
(D)after all other entry that are smaller than the new entry.
(A)null links are replaced with thread links (B)does’nt contain null links. (C)extra memory is required. (D)no extra memory is required.
(A) ls-a (B) ls-b (C) ls-I (D) ls-r
(A) interface support for computer operators
(B) performance analysis software for tuning the file system,process scheduling ,memory management and device driver characteristics
(C)facilities for making an inventory if installed software and hardware on the platform
(D)none of these.
(A)25-40% (B) 50-70% (C) 80% (D) none of these.
(A) egrep (B) fgrep (C)grep (D) sgrep
(A)0 (B)8 (C) 9 (D) 10
43. What is the difference between public and private inheritance?
(A) under the public inheritance ,public and protected members of the base class have the same status in the derived class.
(B)under private inheritance ,public and protected members of the base class all become private members of the derived class.
(C)both A &B
(D) none of these.
(A) child object cannot be modified.
(B)the base class need not be modified to derive a new class.
(C)derived class objects inherit only the desirable feature of the base class.
(D) objects of the base class can be treated as objects of the derived class.
(A) cooperative multitasking (B) preemptive multitasking (C) time slicing
(A)threads have a parent process (B)threads share process’s resources but light weight process do not. (D)threads run in user space ,but light weight thread run in kernel space.
(A)initab (B) init (C) passwd (D)gettydefs
(A)rm* (B)rm-r* (C)rm all (D)rm *.*
(A)(j*(j+1)/2)+1 (B) (i*(i+1)/2)+j (C)(i*(i-1)/2)+j (D) (j*(j-1)/2)+1
(A)it will never use fewer comparisons. (B)when x is very close to the beginning of the array . (C)when x is in the middle position in the array (D)when x is very close to the end of the array.