VEDANTA Placement Paper
Test Date : 23 September 2008
Test Location : University College of Engg. Kota
Posted By : Sudhir Parwal
VEDANTA PAPER ON 23rd SEPTEMBER AT KOTA
Hi, I m SUDHIR PARWAL (Electrical Engg.) I got selected in
Vedanta Resources through campus interview in our college. I
want to share my experience with u.
Screening of students is take place in four steps:-
1. very tough eligibility criteria
2. written test(totally from both R S Agarwal)
4. Interview (technical+hr both at a same time)
There were separate marks for written test, GD & Interview.
The sum total of all the marks was taken for the final
results. Although the written test was the only elimination
round, they didn’t eliminate anyone in the GD.
1. Ist class in Ist attempt in 10th 12th and in BE
2. Aggregate 60% in 10th 12th & BE
3. No history of Backlog
4. Maximum 1 year gap between 12th & BE
5. No gap b/w 10th & 12th
6. Must be medically fit (no colour blindness)
At first :-( Pre Placement Talk)
The session started with the PPT. It was of 1 hr.
The ppt was followed by a written test. It consists of 35
questions to be completed in 45 minutes. The questions were
very simple but speed was the main factor. There was no
negative marking in the written test.
The written consists of
1. 5 questions- Data Interpretation (Bar Graph problem)
2. aptitude questions (simple maths)
3. Venn diagram questions (refer r s agarwal whole chapter,
do it first)
4. 5 questions- jumbled puzzles(R S Agarwal pg. 299)
5. 2 Questions-Analogy
7. 5Questions-from Probability, chain rule, allegation of
The aptitude questions were simple but time management is
very important. They were mainly from both R.S. Aggrawal.
The topics were- Average, Problems on ages, Percentage,
Profit & Loss, problems on train, ratio, numbers,
probability, chain rule, volume & surface area, series
completion, coding& decoding, analogy(verbal), venn diagram,
For Data interpretation, refer RS Aggrawal- quantitative
The written test was the elimination round. It was followed
by a Group Discussion. Out of 28 students 18 were selected
They had made two groups of 10 & 8 students.
1. The topic for Ist group was “LIFE AFTER 100 YEARS”
2. The topic of the IInd group was “HUMAN AFTER DEATH, IN
HEAVEN OR IN HELL”
don’t forget to go in the GD room with a pen & a register,
they had given us one minute to think on the topic. They
checked our registers what we had write in the register in
that one min.
Nobody eliminated in the GD round.
The last round was the Interview. The interview consists of
Technical + HR
1. What about ur GD?
2. Tell me about yourself?
3. Reason for one year drop?
4. Future ambition?
5. Favourate subjects?
I have said microprocessor, transformer and machines. But he
didn’t ask me any question from microprocessors.
6. Transformer rating in KVA but motor rating in KW, why?
7. What is power factor?
8. What is active and reactive power, difference?
9. What are the effects of reactive power, how can you
reduce the effects of reactive power?
10. What is capacitor bank, how it works?
11. When reactive power enters the system, what happens in
12. Can u explain all this technical terms to any laborer,
13. different tests on the transformer, and their details?
14. conditions for parallel test?
15. types of faults, what are symm. And asymm. Faults?
16. At last the result was announced.
Total 10 students have been selected.
1-electronics & comm..
1-electronics & instrum.