TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Paper Type : General - Interview
Test Date : 3 November 2007
Test Location : Deccan Park, Hyderabad
TCS PAPER ON 3rd NOVEMBER AT HYDERABAD
Hai all…I am an MCA candidate , I have attended Hyderabad TCS written
and got selected in it. TCS written test is easy if u concentrate little
There are basically 3 parts in written
verbal : There prepare antonyms and synonyms from previous papers. After
that two paragraphs are given in that section. Totally 32 marks in this
section. Concentrate more in this part because this is some what
difficult to answer.
Arithmetic ability: This is the easiest section where we can get good
score. It is enough to prepare previous papers, they just change the
digits and the model is same. There are some problems from Bar and Pie
Critical Reasoning: In this section there will be 3 passages and
questions on it. So, we have to prepare the GRE Barron’s book either
12th or 13th edition. All will come from that only.
So, all the best guys…..There will be both upper cut-off and lower
cut-off. Be careful, don’t answer all the questions if u prepare well
and know more answers.And also there is no sectional cut-off for TCS so
u can gain marks even if you are not able to answer in one section.
Then written test results are placed in TCS site with in 10 days. The
list of selected candidates’ are given date and time to attend the next
Next I have Technical round on 3rd November, 2007.
For this prepare well your academic subjects. They can ask on any one
and u should able to answer.
I have prepared
1) C, C++, DS
2) DBMS concepts, Oracle with SQL and PL/SQL
3) Operating Systems
4) Computer Networks
5) Software Engineering
6) .NET concepts because I did project in .NET
7) And finally, my academic project.
My turn is at 3pm so I went there by 2.20.They send us by 3pm by
verifying our marks lists right from tenth. I was waited and sent in at
My technical round was around 20 minutes.The interviewer called me and
1) Tell me about yourself?
I said my name, qualification with aggregate. My basic technical skills
and my project. Then my family back ground.
Then he asked me where my father is working….
2) Asked me to explain about my project?
I took a paper and explained with flow of screens and the
functionality.He asked some doubts in my project
3) What is .net framework?
4) What is CLR?
5) What is stored procedure?
I explained stored procedure and wrote syntax for stored procedure. And
I also said I which places I have used stored procedures in my project.
6) What is the difference between procedures and functions?
7) What is a static function?
8) What is the purpose of static variable?
9) What is the difference between static and constant?
10) Write a program to find the maximum number in a given list?
11) What is selection sort and write a program?
12) What is linked list? Difference between single linked list and
double linked list?
13) Write a program for double linked list?
14) What are access specifiers?
15) Can we access private variable in another class?
16) what is polymorphism? Function overloading?
17) What are your interests?
18) What are your strengths?
I have answered 90% of them and I was forwarded to next round in the
MR( managerial round) :
In this section you may ask either Technical or Personal details or both
that depends upon the interviewer. I was totally asked Technical in this
round and it was round 45 minutes.
She asked me….
1) Can u introduce yourself?
2) Which is favorite your subject?
Here, you should tell the subject which u prepared well because most of
the questions related to this topic only. I said it .NET but you people
don’t say that because the technology may not be familiar with that
So let it be a subject or tell them like as a fresher I have basic
knowledge on my academic subjects… at that time you should ready to face
all the questions. Then started my problems
3) Explain about your project deeply how your project works?
I started taking a paper and explained my project. Then she stopped at
one place and asked to write the connectivity between backend and
front-end. you should be able to explain the module which u have done. I
also explained the database architecture. I was asked many questions on
4) How can u create a webpage in .net?
5) What is the difference between HTML and ASP?
HTML pages r static where as ASP pages r dynamic and we can interact
with ASP pages.
6) What are your interests?
I said like I like to make friendship…
Oh! How big your circle?
Then I said I like to call on historical monuments and new places.
7) What is RAM and ROM?
I said like that RAM is a temporary memory area where as ROM is a
permanent storage area. I was asked what type of data it will store?
I said it may be files or tables?
Immediately the next question was
8) What is the difference between files and database?
9) What is normalization?
10) I was given a table… normalizing it and write a query to display all
the records of those tables?
Empno empname salary deptname deptno
Then I write like
Empno(pk) empname salary deptno
Select * from emp e, dept d where e.deptno=d.deptno;
11) What are different keys in sql?
11) What are your strengths?
I said that I am a confident person.
I am an optimistic person and I think in a positive way.
And finally I am a down to earth person.
What u should do is u should have confidence while talking with
interviewer. They only see your confidence levels. How much u can grasp
things. And your basic communication skills. Be sure that you should
I have forwarded to next round that is HR round and it was around 10
minutes. Be prepared for these questions. I was asked….
1) What does your name mean?
2) Introduce yourself within one minute?
2) What is your family background?
3) Tell me your interests?
4) Tell me your opinion about TCS in one sentence?
5) There is a specific reason that why drainage plates are changing from
square to round shape?
6) Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses?
7) Finally, would u like to ask me something?
I was asked her name first and then “If I have selected in TCS where
will I place”? She said me that may depend upon the projects available
at that time.
Some of my friends were asked…
8) Why shirt buttons are in round shape?
9) Why round shaped pizza will place in square shaped box?
10) If your husband is in Australia and you are in TCS Hyderabad then he
doesn’t want u to do job and wish to take along with him. What would u
11) tell me your long-term and short-term goals?
12) Who is your role model?
13) Why should we hire you?
Okey guys…. All the best for your interview, The only thing in any
interview is you show confidence, basic communication skills and your
core technical skills. Remaining will be thought by the company.