TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Section 1: Verbal : Duration 20 min
Fill in the Blanks 6
Reading Comprehension 6
Section 2: Quantitative : Duration 40 min
38 Questions (Mostly from previous Papers)
Section 3 : Critical Reasoning : Duration 30 min
3 stories : 3 *4 = 12 Questions
Synonyms & anto:
Quixotic – romantic
Jetfison – throwover board
Protean – versatile
Assuage – easy, satisfy, soothe
Fidelity – loyality
Demise – death
Nettle – vex, annoy
Moratorium – legal delay of payment, suspension
Repine – quetch , complaint
Mellifluous – smooth , x harsh
Brakish : Salty,Briny
Mulct: Money extracted as a penality
Molify (soothe)X Enrage,Provoke
Solicit : Beseech,Seek
Veracity : Truthfullness
Subside : Wane,Drop
Amiable : Friendly
Scanty : Meager,Insufficient
Salient X Insignificant
CR: (All From BARRONS 12th Edition)
1) 2 types of marriage problem (Red – Brown).
2) Dog’s problem… … … … …(name of the dogs) won the top of four
3) Wallaci…. And Rumania are delicates from this two countries are …..
4) East liver pool Problem(6 cities)
5) University College Problem (j , k, l,…) Small college big university.
6) Pesth(Plumber and electracian)
7) One problem with number series (squares and cubes)
8) Joes apartment problem
9) US citizen (US born , Naturalized)problem
10) Scurvy problem (disease)
11) Mirmar hotel
GRE Barrons 12 th Edition PageNumber in the book
QA: Same as old question papers.( Refer Old Question Paper That’s
1) Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
a) 6,8,12 b) 8,12,8 c) 8,6,12 d) 12,8,6
2) If M denotes modulus operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes
truncation Find the value of the following expression :( 373,5)+R
(3.4)+T (7.7)+R (5.8)
a) 21 b) 16 c) 19 d) 13
3) If * represents square and > represents change in sign then what is
the value of the following expression?
4) If VKHOWHU is coded as SHELTER then PLOG is coded as ?
5) In the word TOTALITARIAN first and second, third and fourth, fifth
and sixth and so on.. are exchanged then what is the eighth character
then what is the value of g(5)?
7) If n = 10 X 18 X 26 then which is not an integer ?
8) How many Y’s are there in following letters for which it is followed
by U and also U is not followed by R ?
Y U R I J N B H K Y U I J H N G K U Y U Y U
R U Y U Y Y U U U R T G H J K Y U Y
7. Complete the series 65 33 17 ? 5 3
8. The volume of a bucket is given by some formula that P(n) = 400*Sqrt(n)
(Didn’t remember rest)
9. Three machines A B C are used in an industry which saves the fuel 40%
20% and 10% respectively. Assume that they all run individually. Then
what is the combined percentage of fuel efficiency when they work
10. Temperature of a city is calculated using the formulae t^2/6 +4t+12
where t is the time from midnight. Then what is the percentage of raise
[or fall] in temperature from 3pm to 6pm?
11. GRE Barrons Pageno 450 Question number 8 – 12
12. What is the numeric value of A-(BnC)
In a Basket ball team A,B,C,D,E,F and G are seated in a rectangular desk
A and G should go soon, so they should sit to right extreme of the table
E and F are friends so they should sit together
B is the caption of the team so he should sit in the center
C and D should be kept as far as possible..
13. Which pair cannot be seated on either extreme?
14. Who cannot sit on any extreme end?
15. which pair cannot sit together?
16. If neither D nor E can sit near B then how many different seating
arrangements are possible
17. Which is the exact power of 2?
a.2084 b.2004 c.2400 d.2048
Note : There is an upper cutoff mark.. so becarefull while answering all
Technical and HR…..
In technical they shoot questions only in what u mentioned in Resume…
So Be prepared with ur resume…..
They asked introduce yourself
I gave intro including my achievement during schools and colleges…
2. They asked some questions in C, OOPs, .
3. About my projects which I had mentioned in Resume…
4. My Strengths and weakness..
5. They also asked in general.. about Ramadurai, about Tcs, about