TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Paper Type : General - Interview
Test Date : 7 October 2007
Test Location : Hyderabad
TCS PAPER ON 7th OCTOBER 2007
Hi guyz, I am very happy to say that shortly I will be member of TCS. It
was a smooth Journey for me to get into TCS. I would like to share my
Experience with you……. Hope this will b useful in your preparation
towards getting into TCS.
1) WRITTEN TEST
2) TECHNICAL INTERVIEW (TECHNICAL ROUND)
3) MANAGEMENT REVIEW (MR ROUND)
4) HR INTERVIEW
1) WRITTEN TEST:
First Most important thing that everyone should do is to go through last
10 -15 previous papers…. It is more than sufficient to clear the Written
To clear the Aptitude Section….. Try solving all Aptitude problems in
last 10-15 papers. Just learn how to solve them (This will b useful if
the numbers are changed for similar type of problems). For most of
questions you will find answers in the previous papers itself. Just mug
up the answers for those problems where you don’t find the method to
solve the problem.
To clear Critical Reasoning section of Written Test… Go through Barrons
– 11th or 12th Edition.
To solve Verbal Section….. prepare Synonyms and Antonyms for TCS which
is given in Chetanas. Try to go through GRE Barron’s wordlist if you
have Time (Concentrate on words starting with A, C, I, P, R, S and T).
Questions I Remember:
2) TECHNICAL INTERVIEW
Don’t worry… This wont b much tough as you may expect.
First Essential requirement here is Good Communication Skills (Even
above Average communication skills will suffice if u r good at Technical
Second Most important Thing is Prepare your Project well and Concepts
revolving around your Project.
Third most important thing is Average to good Technical Skills (Average
Technical Skills will suffice if u r good at Communication Skills…)
Prepare about Tell me about yourself very well with related answers.
This is place where you impress the Interviewer at Fist site.
Just go through following Topics:
2) C++ (concentrate on OOPS Concepts
Learn Small Programs in C and C++ like…..
b) Prime Numbers.
d) Reversing the Given Number.
e) Reversing the given String.
f) Concatenation of Two Strings.
h) Programs to print Numbers in Different Patterns like Triangle Shape
i) Sorting Programs (Insertion Sort, Selection Sort ….)
j) Searching Programs (Sequential Search, Binary Search...)
k) Learn Atleast one Program on each concept of OOPS….
3) Data Structures ( Concentrate on Stacks, Queues, Trees)
4) DBMS Concepts
5) Operating System Concepts ( Just Fundamentals )
6) Software Engg. (Just Basics like Different Phases of SDLC, Testing
7) Core and Advanced Java
8) SQL ( If you Know PL /SQL also prepare well for this)
1) Diff. b/w Primary Key and Unique Key.
2) What is Foreign Key?
3) What is Cursor?
4) What are Different types of Cursors?
5) Different Phases of SDLC ?}
6) What is Function Overloadin and Explain with Example?
7) What are Different Keys that you use in a Table?
8) What do mean by a Database Object?
9) What are all different Database Objects that you know?
10) Overloading VS Overriding
11) What is Data Mining?
12) Explain some concepts that you know about Data Warehousing?
13) Questions on My Project.
I answered all the above Questions…
3) MANAGEMENT REVIEW ROUND
This is where they test following Skills in you:
1) Spontaneity (i.e., Spontaneous Reactions)
2) Versatility (Ability to do more than one work at a time)
3) Decision Making( They Give you a Situation and ask you to solve the
problem according to that situation)
4) Managerial Skills.
5) Communication Skills.
6) Even sometimes they may ask you some Technical Questions.
7) They may also ask you to explain your Project.
1) Tell me about any situation where you have solved a technical problem
and your professor has praised you?
2) Did u give any Seminars? I said yes….. Then they asked me to tell my
Favorite seminar…. I said Importance of Data warehousing
Then I was posed Questions on Data warehousing and Difference b/w Data
warehousing and Database.
3) Then they asked me to explain my Project and started asking me
4) They even checked my Versatility…..Interviewer asked me to draw my
Project Diagram and started asking me Questions related to other Topics
switching very frequently between Different Topics without giving me any
time to draw my Project Diagram
Here He might have tested my Spontaneity and Versatility.
4) HR ROUND:
Here they will concentrate mainly on your Attitude, Communication
Skills, clarity in Thought and Ability to express your Ideas without
getting much tensed.
Prepare Tell me about yourself very well. Most of Questions could come
Prepare about following with relative answers:
d) About TCS – Clients, CEO, Future plans, Recent Acquisitions etc….
And other related Stuff……..
Ok Guyz……. Prepare well for TCS. Hope to c u soon in TCS.
BEST OF LUCK