TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Paper Type : Whole Testpaper
Test Date : 25 February 2008
Test Location : RCCIIT
TCS PAPER ON 25th FEBRUARY 2008
HI FRIENDS,THIS WAS MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE OF TCS PLACEMENT,I HOPE YOU WILL
BE BENEFITTED FROM IT.
It consisted of 10 antonyms, 10 synonyms and two passage in which you
have to fill in the blanks with correct sentences. It’s a bit difficult
but don’t worry u can get through even if u don know anything in verbal.
Refer barrons .
1. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is
given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is
increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
2. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
Ans. 6, 12, 8
3. Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modulus
operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncation:
4. G(0)=1, G(1)=-1, G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2), G(6)= ?
5. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A
cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the
river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below
water is Rs. 5/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.6/- per
meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
6.. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3,
where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm
7. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If
A[ 1,1 ] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
8. (Momentum*Velocity)/(force * distance ) find units.
9. Match the following:
1. Male - Boy ---> a. A type of
2. Square - Polygon ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
10.1)Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a.5,0,5,0,5,0 b) 5,5,5,5,5,5 c) 5,5,5,5,0,5 d) -5, 5, -5, 5,-5, 5
11.Which of the following are orthogonal pairs a) 5i+3j=7 b) i=-jc)
2i-j=3 d) 3i=5j+6 1.a&d 2.a&c 3.c&d 4.b&d
12. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N40E and landed 8 Hrs
later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my
13.2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.4 and 1.65 in final
exam respectively . What might be the class marks of 3rd student who
have got 0 marks in final exam? (not exactly same values)
14.Odd one out:
a. Linux b.windows NT c. SQL server d. Unix
15.19. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph.
Another person as also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice
the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. Find
the speed limit .ans: 15 mph
16.117. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and
forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the
last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
17.the graph of tan x was given.
18. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
19. 43. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the
wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%.What will be the fuel economy if
they were used combined.
20. A, B and C are 8 bit no's. They are as follows:
A -> 1 1 0 1 1 0 1 1
B -> 0 1 1 1 1 0 1 0
C -> 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 1
Find ((A-B) u C)=?
21. A finishes the work in 10 days & B in 8 days individually. If A
works for only 6 days then how many days should B work to complete A's
22. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
23. (a) 2+3i (b)1+i (c) 3-2i (d) 1-7i .Find which of the above is
24. (466)decimal= what is the number in base 7?
25. which one is the power of 4= (ans.4096)
This section consisted of 3 questions wit sub parts. It was for 25 mins.
All the questions were from 12 edition barrons . They don even change
the data and the order of questions. Its just cut copy paste from
BARRONS 12 EDITION. Since it was online test for us so everyone had
different set of questions. I was lucky to get exact same questions from
barrons so I was the first one to come out of the hall with the TCS
application form in the hand.
1. first question was red and brown marriage group……
2. second was tat ned allen larry willy and rick lives in the first
3. third I don remember. But it was something G is father of….and there
are more no of females in the second generation.
TECHNICAL AND HR INTERVIEW:
We had the technical cum hr interview the next day. I had in the
afternoon just after lunch. The panel was very friendly and made us feel
IT WAS A ROUND OF 30 MIN…….
DESCRIBE OOPS CONCEPT OF C++.
A CODE WAS SHOWN TO ME AND ASKED ME TO SYA THE OUTPUT.
WHAT IS OBJECT.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF C++ OVER C.
WHAT IS FUNCTION OVERLOADING.
CONTROL OR LOOPING STRUCTURE OF C.
WHAT IS LINK LIST AND DESCRIBE WITH SUITABLE EXAMPLE.
HOW CAN YOU PROTECT INHERITANCE IN C++.
O BE PREPARE WITH ALL THE QUESTIONS WHICH IS GIVEN BELOW……
WHAT DO U KNOW ABT T.C.S
WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN T.C.S
WHY DO YOU WANT TO JOIN SOFTWARE COMPANIES OR IT INDUSTRY.
WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTH AND WEAKNESSESS WITH EXPLANATION.
HOW YOU CAN OVERCOME YOUR WEAKNESSES.
THERE WILL BE SOME QUESTIONS ON YOUR HOOBY.
DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TO ASK THE INTERVIEWER.
FOR THE LAST QUESTION DON'T SPELLBOUND.SHOW YOUR INTEREST ABOUT THE
LIKE THE QUESTION MAY BE ;WHAT ARE THE PROJECTS WILL BE ASSIGNED AT THE
TRAINING PERIOD.AND OBSERVE THE WAY THEY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.IT WILL
HELP YOU TO GUESS WHETHER THEY SELECT YOU OR NOT. THAT’S ALL ABOUT THE
HR ROUND… SO..I DO HOPE THAT THIS ALL QUESTIONS WILL HELP YOU TO CRACK
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT T.C.S
WITH LOVE & GOOD WISHES TO ALL,
DEB SHANKAR JHA.