Job Placement Papers (All Companies)
|Placement Papers>>TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES|
TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
TCS PAPER ON 3rd APRIL
Hi friends, this is Debashis Dan of CSE from Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, near Bangalore. TCS came to our college on 2nd, 3rd April.
Total no of
eligible candidates : 509
criteria in our college : 60% in 10th, 12th, engg.. 2 current backlogs
APTITUDE TEST :
Some of the
words i remember are : (inclusive of synonyms n antonyms)
Suggestion : For this section do all previous year TCS words. But this is not always enough, coz i got some difficult words other than these which were not there in previous year papers. if u've time, better do the wordlists (750 words or so) from barrons... i mean the exercises given.
completion consisted of 2 passages :
Here there was blanks in the passage where we had to insert the appropriate sentence from the list of given options. Each passage had 6 such blanks to be filled.
Suggestion : My sincere suggection is dont waste more than 4 - 5 minutes on synonyms n antonyms. coz, sentence completion takes a hell lotta time as all the options given are nearly similar n confusing. But u can easily score well in this sent comp part if u do carefully.
quantitative : 32 questions, 40 mins
Suggestion : For this part do prev year papers very well. almost 90% common questions came. some questions had the data a bit changed.
some which i
remember are :
8. No. of faces, vertices n edges of a cuboid is : ?
9. If M denotes modulus, R denote round off, T denote truncation, the find the value of :
M(373,5) + R(3.4) + T(7.7) + R(5.8)
10. G(0) = -1, G(1) = 1, G(n) = G(n-1) + G(n-2). then G(5) = ?
11.at a particular place the temperature varies as t^2/2 + 8t + 3. where t is elapsed time. find the temp differnce between 6 pm and 9 pm.
12. which of these set of angles doesnt represent a triangle : a) 90,60,30 b) 50,100,30 c) 67,22, 90
13. Complete the series : (sorry friends, i forgot the series)
14. which is a power of 2 among the following : a)2068 b) 2048 c)2668
15. A, B and C are given as :
A = 11011011
B = 01111010
C = 01101101
Find the decimal equivalent value of (AUB)^C where ^ denotes Intersection
16.A, B,C are mechanisms used separately to reduce fuel wastage by 30%, 20 % and 105. what'll b the fuel economy if they were used combined?
17. Find the singularity matrix out of the follwing : (sorry, dont remember the options)
18. If $ means tripling and % means change of sign, then find the value of :
%$%9 - $%$9
19. some questions with venn diagram where people speaking hindi, english & bengali were given. 3 questions were asked like how many speak hindi and not english, how many total people were there etc...
20. 3 questions were given on data interpretation using a bar chart nad a pie chart.
Critical reasoning : 3 passages, 12 questions, 30 minutes
Suggestion: Do all the 250 critical reasoning passages from barrons 12th or 13th edition model test papers 1 to 5. u'll get 100% common questions. names may be changed...
HEY GUYS, IF U HAVE AN ONLINE TEST, & IF AFTER THE EXAM YOUR PSYCHOMETRIC WINDOW OPENS UP ON THE SCREEN BE ALMOST SURE THAT U HAVE CLEARED THE APTITUDE TEST. otherwise also u can get selected depending on relative performance, but this is an almost instant indication...
2. Tell me something about the
Nandigram issue in west bengal n whts ur views on it?
3. Are u for or aginst the creation
4. Tell me the full form of SEZ?
5. speak on any topic of ur choice
for 2 mins. u can sit or stand.
6. any question for me?
I"M SO HAPPY THAT FINALLY I GOT SELECTED. hope to see u all there in TCS. ALL THE VERY BEST.