TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES
TCS-Placement Paper-24 July
In BIT MESRA, TCS came on 24th July 2006. They conducted online exam for
some and paper exam for others by randomly selecting of us. Now we r having
our interview on 31th july and 1st aug. In between we r having microsoft
oracle tvs, maruti etc.
Verbal: 20 min
14th edition:- like her white friends(page no :- 106)
for comprehensive it is better 2 learn or go through all the passage of the
comprehensive part. 14th edition page no 97 to 113
fill in the blank
set y:-observe the dilemma of fungus of the comprehensive part
set z:- some university problem.
Reasoning: 30 min
All words i.e. synonyms(10) was from gre model test paper and antonym
exercise. so verbal section was very easy for me
Nothing new all the questions was from previous paper some of those r as:--
1. the bit operation question was given
Find Au(BnC) , (A-B)uC all value were in decimal value?
2. find odd one out:-1. Sybase 2.DB2 3.Oracle 4.Unix
3. 5 quest. Was based on DI
7. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit
8. Base of 1234 which is 194 in decimal.
9. g(0)=1 g(1)= -1 g(n)=3*g(n-1)-2*g(n-2) find g(4)
10. one coding was given
11. one number series has to fill
12. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is
given by M = square root of 4000N. If the size of the program is increased
by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
13. In calcutta, temperature at noon varies according to t^2/6 + 12t + 12,
where t is elapsed time from noon.Find how much temperature more or less in
3pm to 6pm.
14. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and column wise each element requires 8
byte. If A[ 1,1 ] is stored in 1200. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
(Note:- all set contain column wise)
15. 3 Venn - diagram was given related to bangla ,Punjabi,&gujarati
questions were asked
Ans, 17.4, 1, 6
21. recognize the equation of curve related to cosx and sinx curve
22. Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube 6 8 12
23. A and B do a work in 7 days. If A does double as B the how many days
take A to do?
24. find the result of the following expression if , M denotes modules
operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncations M(363,5)+R(5.8)
25. The size of the bucket is 10kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.0001
kb per millisecond to fill bucket it takes 100 milisecond to reach to
destination.it takes 100 milisecond to passack so calc. how much time will
it take to pass n kb write formula(I don't know the exact figure)
26. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs a) 2x+3y=6 b) 2x+5y=0 c)
2y=3x+6 d) 7x+y=4
27. If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of
fuel by 25%, 20%, 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used
combine? Ans :-46
28. WHICH SHAPE WILL BE OBTAINED BY USING THESE VALUES OF X ,Y
Ans: Y= log10(X)
29. Find the value of <@<4-<@4, where < denotes "square" and @ denotes
"change in sign".
30. What is the power of 2? a. 2068 b.2048 c.2668 ANS: (B). 2048
31. My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 45E and landed 9 Hrs later
at a place with coordinates 36N45W. What is the local time when my plane
32. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 900 meters width. A
cable is made from power unit to Power a plant opposite to that of the river
and 3000mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is
Rs. 5/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.2/- per meter. Find
the length where the cable is to be cut. ANS: 2100m
33. Find the singularity matrix from a given set of matrices?
34. Which of the following set of numbers has the highest Standard
35. Match the following:
1. Mammal, cow ---> a. A type of
2. Snake reptile ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of
36. a , b, c can do a work in 4 days. if a does twice as much as work in 12
and b can work in 18 in how many days c can do?
37. b g b d q m b g d m g b g g b q m b g q b g
d g b a m g b g m
How many b 's are such that each b is followed by g next to it, if the g is
not followed by d next to it.
1.model test 3-section 6 Quest 1-4
2. model test 1- tunnel-bridge- highway problem
3. model test 1- red and brown problem
All the reasoning was from GRE sets