SATYAM Job Placement Paper
Satyam Aptitude test JIIT Noida.
30 min. 15 ques.
1/4 negative marking.
1. From a total of 10 bulbs 6 bulbs are working.One has to choose 3
out of them. what is the probability that all the 3 bulbs will be
a) 1/6 b) 1/29 c) 1/29 d) 30/29 e) None of
2. A sum at a given rate of intrest becomes 1200 in 4 yrs. 2000 in 5
what was that sum.
a) 2000 b) 1500 c)2500 d) 1800 e) None of the above.
Ans... e) None of the above. (sum ....800)
3. Three teams J,K,L . some conditions like J is in the left of K , L
is in the
middle of K and L and so on.
4. Students fail in at least 2n-p subjects. n is the number of
p is an integer. If total number of failures is 63. what is the
5. if STRONG is written as ------. Then ENERGY will be written as
6. G,R,S are three towns. If G is North west of S. R is east of S.
which city is north most.
7. Side of cube add to 4 feet. what is the volume of cube.
i) 64 inch^3 ii) 128 inch^3 iii) 512 inch^3 iv) None
Ans i) 64 inch^3.
8. Logical reasoning ...If battery is down Razor will not work. ....
9. If tomato price is hiked by 65%. Apple price by 10%. Tomato is now
apple. Some conclusions.....
10. In a chessboard of 64 squares. Pearls are to be decorated such that
each corner has 1 pearl.
And each side has three pearls. How many pearls will be required.
11. A number plate has 3 digits. If first digit is always 1. And rest
two digits are in
ascending order. Total number of differnt numbers that can be given
the number plate.
12. Data interpretation. 3 pie charts and a histogram were given. What
is the average ?
13. Number generator... If a given sequence was given to the number
generator ,it processes the
step 1: Multiply each number by 2.
step 2: sort the numbers in ascending order.
step 3: increase 1st, 3rd and 6th number by 6.
step 4: again sort.
step 5: add 1 to 1st, 2 to 2nd , 3 to 3rd , 5 to 4th, 7 to 5th, 11
to 6th .
( Pattern was not given only output sequence was given, you have to
identify this pattern.)
If given sequence is input of the number generator. What will be
it's state in step 4.
14. Odd one out. Very simple, 4 were geometric figures and last one was
15. Average of 8 scores is 85. After removing the "maximum" score and
next to maximum
which is "maximum-2".The average comes out to be 83.What is the
GD topics .
10 min. 10 memebers each Group.
1. Higher education in India or abroad.
2. Mercy Killing.
3. Positive impact of Wstern culture on India.
4. Younger man should marry a elder woman or not. (absolutely not...).
5. Love marriage or Arrange marriage.
6. Banning new year party safe or not.
7. Dress code in colleges.
8. Copying the west.
9. Working woman Vs House wife.
10. Should mobile phones be banned or not ?
11. Current education system.
12. Should follow western culture or not.
13. Effect of Extra marital affairs on marriage life.