L & T Placement Papers
|Paper Type : Whole Testpaper
Test Date : 2 September 2006
Test Location : VIET, NOIDA
L & T INFOTECH PAPER - 02 SEP 2006 - NOIDA
L & T Infotech conducted a co-campus on 2nd Sep 06at VIET, Greater
Noida.I am mailing you the pattern of the paper and placement procedure.
The first round is written exam.The written exam consisted of questions
on non-verbal reasoning only. There was no quantitative aptitude or
English. All questions were of similar kind. See chap-9 (Non-verbal
reasoning) of VERBAL AND NON-VERBAL REASONONG' by R.S.Agarwal. There
were 36 questions in all to be answered in 30 minutes. All the 36
questions were on the pattern of chap-9(R.S. Agarwal) though no question
was from that book. But having a look of chap-9 will make you know the
type of questions that are asked. One more thing.......as you proceed
the level of difficulty of the questions increases. By the time you
reach question 31 and above the questions will be quite tough. Regarding
negative marking.........there will be negative marking if you blindly
mark the answers like bbbbbcccccaaaaabbbbb and so on. Otherwise there
will be no negative marking even if your answer is wrong.
The second round is Extempore. In most of the cases they say that speak
for 2 minutes on any topic of your choice. So prepare a topic before you
go for the exam. One more thing.........the extempore round is not
always conducted. In the ppt they said that extempore will be conducted
only if there are many students who clear the first round. Extempore is
conducted only to reduce the number of students if they feel that the
number is too large for the technical round. If the number of students
who clear the first round is not very large , L&T people may skip the
The third round is technical interview. It was quite simple. They asked
the questions from the topics mentioned in your resume only. More stress
was laid on DBMS , C/C++ and projects done so far. Questions from the
projects done so far or industrial training projects were very common.
Some of the common technical interview questions were:
1) What is the difference between C and C++?
2) What is an object oriented programming language?
3) What is abstraction and encapsulation?
4) Explain the keywords: public , private , protected.
5) What is multi-level and multiple inheritance?
6) What is the significance of entity-relationship diagrams?
7) What is Normalization?
8) Explain the 5 normal forms along with the definition of partial FDs ,
trivial FDs etc.
9) Some students were given a table with attributes : STUDENT ID, COURSE
NAME, MARKS, TEACHER NAME, TEACHER ID, TEACHER'S SUBJECT.
They were asked to normalize this table.
10) What is polymorphism?
11) What are semaphores?
12) What is threading? What is the need of having a thread?
13) What is the full form of ADODC?
14) What is TCP/IP reference model?
15) What is repeater?
16) What are bridges?
17) What are the different sorting algorithms?
18) What is the time complexity of merge sort , quick sort?
19) Which time complexity is better-O(n?) or O(n lg n ) and why?
20) In the time complexity of merge sort , from where does lg n come?
In the technical round only every one was asked some HR questions too.
But they were also general HR questions.
The fourth round was HR Interview. They also asked general HR questions.
Some of the common HR interview questions were:
1) Why should I take you?
2) Why do you want to join L&T?
3) Questions from the PPT.
4) If there is some quarrel in your team and your team leader is not
supportive then what will you do?
5) You are a Project Manager. If you are given two projects- a small
project with sufficient resources and a big project with scarce
resources, which project you will take up and why?
6) Tell me something about yourself.
7) What is your career objective?
8) What is your family background?
9) Do you have any problem with signing the bond for 2 years ?
10) Do you have any location problem? We don't have any development
centre in Northern India . If we place you in South India will it be
fine for you? Won't you feel home sickness?
11) Where do see yourself after 5 years?