INFOSYS Placement Papers
INFOSYS PAPER - 02 JUL 2006 - CHENNAI
I attended the Infosys Test on July 2nd at Meenakshi college, Chennai..
9 out of ten questions were repeated..the 10th question was the one I didn't
find in any old papers or in books.. I may be wrong so u people better
search for the exact question..
Well am hoping to clear it.. if u don't have enough time to prepare for
infosys written test.. u better solve all the previous papers available in
here http://discussionsworld.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=33. I refered two
shakunatala devi books, George summers "Puzzles and teasers"..and
R.S.Agarwal verbal reasoning..all the best for u all..
1. A man fixed an appointment to meet Mr.X, X asked him to meet two days
after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. Whats the
appointed day. --> 3 marks
2. Two friends were flipping coins, they bet $1 apiece. At the end of the
game One person won $3 and another person won 3 times of the money his/her
fren has won.. How many games it took them to come to this amount... --> 3
3. Triplets Annie, Danny and fanny spoiled their kitchen with mud on their
socks.. Their mother was furious and she couldn't find it who was the
culprit as foot print size of the triplets were same.. when she asked the
triplets.. Annie said "I didn't do it"...Fanny said "Danny did it".. Danny
said "I didn't do it, Fanny is lying".. Among the triplets only one speaks
truth..the other two always lie..find the culprit who spoiled the kitchen-->
4. chocolate bars problem was given like i had some bars,i gave half the
bars to my mother n half more to my father then half of the remaining n half
more to my pet and i ended up with 1 bar with myself.how many bars did i
have initially?(its not exact but was very much like this only) -->4 marks
5. Apples cherries bananas,grapes. 4 girls-robin,mandy,stacy,erica . 4
families miller,jacob,flure,clark.Each girls uses 3 fruits in her salad.No
body have same combination.
- robin not a miller girl uses apples.
- miller and mandy uses apples and cherries.
- 3.clark uses cherries and grapes but flure uses only one of them.
- erica is not clark or flure.
Then 4 questions asked.
a. Guess robins family: (Options are not remember)
b. Which fruit not used by mandy? C he ta naS
c. Which combination by erica?
d.Which is robin fruit combination?--> 8 marks
6. Jim Planted some grass right at the centre of his garden.. Each n every
day the size occupied by the grass doubles..( such that if its two metres on
first day then its 4 metres on second day).. So it took 50 days for the
grass to fully occupy the garden... at which day half of the garden was
filled with grass..my answer was 49th day as the amount of grass doubles
when compared to previous day..-->3 marks
7. There are five persons in an office in the post of buyer, clerk,
footwalker, manager,cashier. Allen, Benett, Clark, Ewinger, Davis holds the
post. Among the 5 two have their lunch time from 11:30- 12:30 and the rest
have it in 12:30 - 1:30 Mrs Allen and Mrs Benett are sisters.
Cashier and clerk share their lunch among themselves.
Two Bachelors share their rooms.
Davis and Ewinger doesn't face each other from the day Davis reported
Ewinger to the Manager when he returned from lunch and found out that
Ewinger has already left for lunch before time. --> 8 marks
8. Two sequence problems I remember only one of them..-->6 marks
9. Jan robinson, kate jones, john smith are engineer, pilot & biochemist not
in the order .they have three martian assistants . as they find difficulty
with martian names they gave them nick names as smith, robinson, jones as
their masters name. 1.robinson is an yomi 2. martians speak uti. 3.the
martians name is the same as the bio chemist 4.robinson beats engineer in
the chess (conditions I don't remember properly) who is the pilot? Ans :Jan
robinson , U have to work out the conditions and analyze some 2 conditions r
imp u get the idea so concentrate and do.--> 6marks
10. Some stamps problem..don't remember exactly..-->5marks
Judy asked some x whether the x and her friend had received the stamps he
had sent.. for that the x replied "my friend has 3 more than the half if .
Its pretty confusing stuff..so am not able to trace the exact question..
The question is to find the number of stamps judy has sent to two of his