IGATE Placement Papers
Paper Type : General - other
Test Date : 20 November 2007
IGATE PAPER ON 20th NOVEMBER 2007
I am Praveen placed in iGate, held on 20th November'07 in Mahalingam College
of Engineering And Technology. I am doing my Final year ECE, I have
benefited much from this site, and I like to contribute myself by giving the
information I have experienced. The selection procedure is,
1. Aptitude Test
3. Technical and HR interview
15 questions no choices; worksheet will be provided, no negative marks, u
have to work down the answers, the time to solve 15 question was about 30
min... All questions are easy if u have read R S AGARWAL, some topics are
Time and Distance, Probability, Problems on numbers, Average, Age, Profit
and Loss and some other topics in RS Agarwal... That is enough...
3-4 questions were very simple. Others were little hard. Cutoff was high, it
was around 10. They short listed 88 from 1000.. for the next round...
Some questions that I Remember, I have put here..
1. If MASTER : VIXOSP then what's STREAM : ?
Ans : XOPSIV
2. Boys and girls are seated in 5 rows and 5 columns, such that A is seated
at the center and P is right to A. If R is in front of A and Q is behind P.
In which direction is Q seated with respect to R. If all the students are
seated facing north.
Ans : south east
3. If 21 books must be placed in a row. In how many ways these books can be
arranged such that no two new books are arranged consecutively,,,
Ans : 210
4. Two dice are thrown such that a sum of 8 is obtained in a condition that
the second die must be always 4. Find the num of chances of obtaining sum of
Ans : 1/6
5. Two cans A & B contain 25% & 30 % of milk. If 6 parts of can A and 4
parts of can B acre mixed in a can C. What is the proportion of milk in can
Ans : 15
6. 1 rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins are there in the ratio of 2.5 : 3 :
4. For Rs 210, find the number of 1 rupee coins.
Ans : 105.
7. 9 men and 6 women will finish a work in 5 days, similarly 3 men and 15
women can finish the same work in 10 days then in how many days 9 men and 10
women will finish the same work.
8. X amount takes 10 years to become double. How many years it takes to
become triple ?
9. A team plays cricket in a year with a % of win by the team as 50% and the
% of loosing matches as 40%. If the number of matches tied is 20, then find
the number of matches played.
Ans : 200
10. There are 8 pairs of socks and 2 socks are worn from that such that the
pair of socks worn are not of the same pair. what is the number of pair that
can be formed.
11-15.... sorry I couldn't remember...but they were simple..
Since short listed were less in number they cancelled group discussion for
Technical and HR interview:
Since I am an ECE student both interviews were like an HR interview and some
questions on my basics and area of interest..
All were simple questions no need to get worry.... all ways give your answer
with confidence.. some questions were asked from apti too which u had
already written they will ask to solve it..