HP Placement Paper and Sample Paper
The test comprises of 4 sections:
Section A. ------50qns(general appitude,english etc):
Section B. ------ 10 Questions on Computer concepts.
Section C. ------ 30 Questions on C
1. WAP find and replace a character in a string.
2. WA function to perform the substraction of two .Eg:char
3. WAP dynamically intialize a 2 dimentional array Eg:5x20,accept
strings and check for vowels and display the no.finally free the space
4. WAP read a line from file from location N1 to N2 using command line
agruments Eg:exe 10 20 a.c
5. WAP find the largest of 4 no using macros.
Computer science general, c/c++ section, Java section ,The question
paper had 48 questions to
be answered in 1hr. Time will be quite sufficient. They have different
sets of question papers. .
1 General section : computer science general knowledge
2. Computer science general: simple questions
1. HP acquired this company in 2002. Which is the company
a) Compaq b) Dell c) option 3 d) Option4
2. What does 3G denote
a) 3rd generation mobile communication b) 3rd generation computer
languages c) option 3 d) option4
3. An application program that is used by the users to get the
inofrmation from the backend of some
application like databases:
a) application server b)proxy server c)database server d)option 4
Ans: database server
4. Which of the following is not true about the e-mail
a) It can be accessed by a client program using POP
b) It can be accessed by a client program using imap protocol
c) option 3
d) option 4
Ans: I don't remember the answer but first 2 are true.
5. Some quesion regarding the company and who developed it ( the thing
to remember is that Apple
produce Macintosh computers).
c/c++ section: questions on c/c++, programs o/p etc.
1 main( )
unsigned int i=3;
while( i >=0)
printf( "%d", i--);
how many times will the printf stmt be executed?
a)0 b)3 c)4 d)infinite
Ans: I think the answer is infinite, b'cos 'i' is an unsigned integer
and it will not decrement below '0'
and hence end up in an infinite loop.(yes, i checked and it is getting
stuck in an infinite loop)
2. main( )
int x,y, z;
printf("%d %d %d", x, y z);
a)3 5 7 b)option 2 c)option 3 d)option 4
3 # define swap(a,b) temp=a; a=b; b=temp;
int i, j, temp;
if( i > j)
swap( i, j );
printf( "%d %d %d", i, j, temp);
Ans: On compiling i got ans 10, 0, 0. I did not understand the concept.
Please expalin this to me.
4. Java section: questions on java related stuff.
1) Java was initially code named as:
a)Oak b)green c)miller d)option4
5. What is not true about the following statements about java.
a) it is compiled using javac compiler
b) the compiled files have .class extension.
c) such files cannot be transfered from one comp to another.
d) they use the java interpreter
6. Why is the synchronize used?
a) to initialize multiple objects b)to lock an object c)option3 d)option
Ans: b (probably)