Job Placement Papers (All Companies)
Hexaware Placement Papers
Directions for questions 1-10: Expand the following terms:-
Ans: Open Database Connectivity.
Ans: Hyper Text Markup Language.
Ans: Reduced Instruction Set Computing.
Ans: American Standard Code For Information Interchange.
Ans: American National Standard Institute.
Ans: Extended Markup Language.
Ans: Floating Point Operating Per Second.
Ans: Sequential Query Language.
Ans: Query By Example.
Ans: Address Latch Enable.
11. What is lagging in DBMS?
Ans: Reduced Redundancy.
Directions 12 to 20: For the following questions find the odd man out.
17. Hard Disk
20. Projection Operation
21. Which of the following is a universal gate?
22. The default back end of the VB is
23. What is meant by Superconductivity?
Ans: No reistance
25. What is the Lock Based Protocol used for?
Ans: Concurrency Control in DBMS.
Directions for question 25 to 32: Convert the decimal numbers on the left to the required form.
25. 9's complement of 28
26. Binary of 58
27. Octal of 359
28. Hexadecimal of 650
29. BCD of 18
Ans: 0001 1000
30. BCD of 34.8
Ans: 0011 0100.1000
31. Excess-3 code of 6
32. Excess-3 code of 9
33. If Ax + By = 1F16;
Find the value of x and y?
34. Semaphore is used for
35. For addressing 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
36. Which of the following remains in memory temporarily
(a) Resident portion of COMMAND.COM
37. Pick the odd man out
38. OS/2 is a
(a) Single User OS
(b) Multi User OS
(c) Multi Tasking OS
(d) None of these
39. Bootstrap loader program is a program belonging to
(a) ROM startup software
40. The entry of starting cluster of a file is present in
(a) Boot Parameters
Directions for questions 1-6: Find the correct meaning of the following phrases:-
1. A man of letters
2. A man of straw
3. To be in the air
4. To bite the dust
5. Man of few words
6. Penny wise pound foolish.
7. Find the reminder when 333666777888999 is divided by 3 or 9 or 11 ?
8. Which is the biggest perfect square amongst the following:-
15129, 12348, 23716, 20736
9. The greatest area of the following
(a) The radius of circle is 4
10. The area of the maximum size of the circle described from the 10 square inch square?
11. In the series 0, 3, 8, 15,__, What is the next number?
12. X < 0, Y <> 0
then what is the possibility that the result is always positive?
13. 3 red and 4 blue balls are in a basket. A member of PPTeam is drawing balls from the basket. What is the probablity of getting the 3 red balls simultaneously?
14. Let ax2 + bx + c = 0
If the sum of the equal roots is equal to the product of the same roots. Then which of the following hold true?
(a) a + b = 0
15. A fold density is 19 times greater than the water and for copper it is 9 times. At what ratio you can mix gold and copper to get 15 times denser than water.
Ans: 3 : 2
16. Find the value of (1.99)2
17. There is a room with 6' x 8'. A 1' tile is fixed along the 4 walls in one row. How many 1" tiles require to finish the work.
18. 2 persons can finish a job in 8 days. First person alone can finish the work in 24 days. How many days
does the second person take to finish the job?
Ans: 12 days 19. A 4" cube is painted in all its faces and then it is cut down into 1" blocks. How many 1" blocks are there even without a single face being painted?
20. A cylinder is inserted in a sphere d/h = 2/3. Find the surface area of the cylinder?
21. In a car wheel, two spokes cover 15 degree. Then for the entire car, how many spokes are there?
22. What is the angle of degree suspended when two hands of clock showing the time 2:30?
Ans: 105 degrees
23. The age difference between two brothers is 3 years. After 6 years the ratio between the age is 9:8. What are their ages?
Ans: 21 and 18
24. A person's salary is getting reduced by 20%. What percentage should be added to get back his original salary?
25. Two persons start at the same point, walk in opposite directions with 5 km/hr and 5.5 km/hr respectively. What is the distance separated after 2 and half hrs?
Ans: 26.25 (approx)
26. A person starts walking at a speed of 5 km/hr through half the distance, rest of the distance he covers with a speed 4km/hr. Total time of travel is 9 hours. What is the maximum distance he can cover?
27. Initially two cups of same volume are present with milk filled upto 3/5th and 4/5th of their volumes. Water is then filled. Then two mixtures are mixed. Find the ratio of water to milk in the mixture.
Ans: 3 : 7
28. 16 grams of radioactive material decays into 8 grams in 10 years. How long will it take to decay to 1 gram?
Ans: 70 yrs
29. In a rectangle the length is increased by of the original length. By what proportion should the width be reduced so that the area will be the same?
30. Find the nth number in the series is 1, -3, 5, -7.___
31. If a square is formed by the diagonal of the square as an edge, what is the ratio between the area?
32. The perimeter of a rhombus is 52 units. One of its diagonal is 24 units. What is its second diagonals length?
33. A cubical rectangular bar has the dimensions with the ratio 5 : 4 : 3. Its volume is 7500. What is the surface area of the bar?
34. In a class total 34 students, 16 are have a brother, 15 are have sisters, 9 students don't have either brothers or sisters. Find the number of students having both brother and sisters.
35. A batsman scored 18 runs in his 18th innings and that makes his average 18. Find his average upto the 17th innings?
36. 6 women can do 75 units of work in 8 days by working 5 hrs/day. In how many days can 4 women do 30 units of work by working 8 hrs/day?
37. A persons salary is decreased by steps of 20%, 15% and 10%. What will be the percentage decrease, if the salary is decreased in a single shot?
38. The ratio of the length : breadth : height of a cuboid is 5 : 4: 3, and the volume is 7500. What will be its surface area?
39. If the circumference of a circle is 100 units, Then what will the length of the arc described by an angle of 20 degree?
40. 3 Persons started placementpapers with a capital of Rs.3000. B invest Rs.600 less than A, C invest Rs.300 less than B. Then what is the share amount of B in a profit of Rs.886?
Directions for 41-50: Which of the following is the correct spelling for the word.
41. Supercede and Supersede
42. Recommend and Reccomend
43. Superitendent and Superitendant
44. Separate and Seperate
45. Succeed and Suceed
46. Coolly and Cooly
47. Despair and Dispair
48. Ridiculous and Rediculous
49. Indespensible and Indepensable
50. Tranquility or Tranquillity
Directions: For the given sample program give the output of the program.