DESHAW Placement Papers
you should write the programs for the following problems in C.
1. swapping two variables x,y without using a temporary variable.
2. a program has been given asking to find the output
ans. it is algorithm for finding G.C.D
3. write a program for reversing the given string.
4. the integers from 1 to n are stored in an array in a random
fashion. but one integer is missing. write a program to find the
ans. idea. the sum of n natural numbers is = n(n+1)/2.
if we subtract the above sum from the sum of all the
numbers in the array , the result is nothing but the
5. some bit type of questions has been given on pointers asking to
to find whether it is correct from syntax point of view. and if
it is correct explain what it will do.(around 15 bits).
ANSWER AS MANY AS POSSIBLE.
6.& 7. two programs on pre-processor directions has been given asking
to find the output.
8. simple question given on pointer
a) kernighan & richie page no. 122
b) schaum series page no. 323
try to understand the pointer problems given here he asked to
in the interview if answer it in exam.
9. write a c program to find whether a stack is progressing in forward
or reverse direction.
10. write a c program that reverses the linked list.