CV Placement Papers
1-18 General (i) Data sufficiency
1. |x-a|=a-x Ans: (c) x<=a
2. There is six letter word VGANDA . How many ways you can arrange the
letters in the word in such a way that both the A's are together.
Ans : 120 (5x4!)
3. If two cards are taken one after another without replacing from
a pack of 52 cards what is the probability for the two cards be
queen. Ans : (4/52)*(3/51) (1/17)*(1/13)
4. 51 x 53 x ... x 59 ; symbols ! - factorial
^ - power of 2
(a) 99!/49! (b) (c) (d) (99! x 25!)/(2^24 x 49! x 51!)
5. The ratio fo Boys to Girls is 6:4. 60% of the boys and 40% of girls
take lunch in the canteen. What % of class takes lunch in canteen.
Ans : 52% (60/100)*60 + (40/100)*40
Data Sufficiency : a) only statement A is sufficent , B is not
b) only statemnet B
c) both are necessary
d) both are not sufficient.
6. X is an integer. Is X dvisible by 5?
A) 2X is divisible by 5.
B) 10X is divisible by 5.
Ans : A)
7. (A) Anna is the tallest girl
(B) Anna is taller than all boys.
(Q) . Is Anna the tallest in the class
Ans : c
8. maths question
9, 10 Analytical
Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are
three persons A,B&C. A met B and says " I am a Zulu or I am Hutu".
We don't know what exactly he said. then B meets C and says to c
that " A is a Zulu ". Then C replied " No, A is a Hutu ".
9. How many Zulus are there ? Ans 2( check)
10) Who must be a Zulu ? Ans B (check)
A father F has 5 sons, p,q,r,s,t. Not necessarly in this order.
Two are of same age. The eldest and youngest cannot be twins. T is elder
to r and younger to q and s has three older brothers
q) who are the twins? s,t
q) who is the oldest and youngest? q, (s&t)
There are 7 people who take a test among which M is the worst, R is
disqualified, P and S obtain same marks, T scores less than S and Q
less than P, N scores higher than every one.
Ans : N P S T Q R M (may be, just check) or N S P T Q R M
C & UNIX
19. What does chmod 654 stand for.
Ans : _rw_r_xr__
20. Which of following is used for back-up files?
(a) compress (b) Tar (c) make (d) all the above Ans : b
21 what does find command do ? Ans : search a file
22. what does " calloc" do?
Ans : A memory allocation and initialising to zero.
23 what does exit() do?
Ans : come out of executing programme.
24. what is the value of 'i'?
Ans : 1
printf("%old %old %old %old ",i, i++,i--,i++);
Ans : check the answer.
26. Using pointer, changing A to B and B to A is Swapping the function
using two address and one temperory variable. a,b are address, t is
temporary variable. How function look like?
Ans : swap(int *, int *, int )
27. In 'o' how are the arguments passed?
ans : by value.
28. Find the prototype of sine function.
Ans : extern double sin(double)
29. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
ans : File
30. ASCII problem
ans : 6
32. what is the o/p
printf(" Hello \o is the world ");
Ans : Hello is the world.
33. Clarifying the concept addresses used over array ; ie changing
the address of a base element produces what error?
34. child process -- fork
child shell -- sh
35. Answer are lex 7 yacc & man read these things in UNIX
36. What is
int *p(char (*s))
Ans : p is a function which is returning a pointer to integer
which takes arguments as pointer to array of characters.