COGNIZANT Job Placement
Cognizant Apti Question paper (Colour: Yellow)
There are other three colours also. We received only yellow Question
1. If all the 6 are replaced by 9, then the algebraic sum of all the numbers
from 1 to 100(both inclusive) varies by Ans: 330
2. The total no. of numbers that are divisible by 2 or 3 between 100 and
200(both inclusive) are Ans:67
3. From a pack of cards Jack, Queen, King & ace are removed. Then the
algebraic sum of rest of the cards is Ans:216
4. The average temperature of days from Monday to Wednesday is 37 degree
Celsius and that of from Tuesday to Thursday is 34 degrees. The temperature
of Thursday is 4/5th of Monday. Then the temperature of Thursday is
Ans: 36 degrees
5. Swetha, Tina, Uma and Vidya are playing a gambling. In this different
people lose in different games-in the reverse alphabetical order. The rule
is that if one loses she should double the amount of others. At the end of
4th game each of them have same amount of money (Rs.32). Which one of them
started with the least amount? (6) Which one of them started with the
largest amount of money? (7.) At the end of the 2nd game what is the amount
of money with uma?
Ans: Vidya, Swetha, Rs.8
8. A cube of 12 mm is painted on all its side. If it is made up of small
cubes of size 3mm. If the big cube is splitted into those small cubes, the
number of cubes that remain unpainted is Ans: 8
9. B is 50% faster than A. If A starts at 9 A.M. and B starts at 10 A.M. A
travels at a speed of 50 km/hr. If A and B are 300 kms apart, The time when
they meet when they travel in opposite direction is Ans:12 noon
10. A graph will be there. Inside the graph sheet there will be a
Quadrilateral. We have to count the number of squares in the Quadrilateral.
11. You are having 31kg of rice. You are provided with a 1kg stone for
weighing. In how many weights the 31kg of rice can be weighed. Ans: 5
12. A starts at 11:00AM and travels at a speed of 4km/hr. B starts at 1:00PM
and travels at 1km/hr for the first 1hr and 2km/hr for the next hr and so
on. At what time they will meet each other. Ans: 8:45 pm
13. There are 80 coins, among them one coin weighs less compared to other.
You are given a physical balance to weigh. In how many wieghings the odd
coin can be found. Ans: 5
14. Dia of the circle 4cm. The shaded part is 1/3 of the square area. What
is the side of the square. Ans: root of 3pi
15. A,B,C, can do a work in 8,14,16 days respectively. A does the work for 2
days. B continues from it and finishes till 25% of the remaining work. C
finishes the remaining work. How many days would have taken to complete the
work Ans: 109/8
16. Raja went to a beauty contest .his wife was eager to know the result he
told that the lady wear a yellow sari was winner. Miss. Andhra Pradesh Miss.
Utter Pradesh, Miss. Maharashtra, Miss. West Bengal were the participants
all the participants sat in a row. The conditions are (A) The woman wore
yellow sari won the competition. (B) Miss. West Bengal was neither the
runner-up or winner.(C) Miss. West Bengal was not at either ends.(D) Miss.
Maharastra wore the white sari.(E) The women wore white sari and yellow sari
sat at extreme ends.(F) The runner-up and winner did not sit together. [This
was the passage given and the questions were easy]
17. The ratio of white balls and black balls is 1:2. If 9 gray balls is
added it becomes 2:4:3. Then what is number of black balls. Ans:12
18. There are 10 coins. 6 coins showing head. And 4 showing tail. Each coin
was randomly flipped (not tossed) seven times successively.after flipping
the coins are 5 heads 4 tails one is hided the hided coin will have what .
19. Two cars are 500 cm apart. each is moving forward for 100 cm at a
velocity of 50 cm/s and receding back for 50 cm at 25 cm/s at what time they
will collide with each other. Ans : 14sec
20. People near the sea shore are leading a healthy life as they eat
fish.but people at other part of the city are also healthy. Inference.
21. It is found from research that if u r a drunken then u have a less
chance for chronic heart diseases. Inference.
22. A-B+c>A+B-C i) B is +ve, ii) B is –ve when it will hold true. Ans B<C
23. i) C.P is Rs 120 and profit is 30%
ii) C.P is Rs 210 and profit is 20%
we can find the S.P by using
**i)only ii)only both i &ii neither i&ii
24. How will u find distance between Nagpur and Mumbai?
I took one hour more when I travel at 80 km/hr than at 90 km/hr.
25. 100 coins were collected by four persons each collected more than 10
each collected a different number each was an even number find what is the
max possible no of coins, two more questions based on the same passage. Ans
26. A car travels from B at a speed of 20 km/hr. The bus travel starts from
A at a time of 6 A.M. There is a bus for every half an hour interval. The
car starts at 12 noon. Each bus travels at a speed of 25 km/hr. Distance
between A and B is 100 km. During its journey , The number of buses that the
car encounter is Ans: 17
27. The ratio of the ages of the father and the son is 5:3, After 10 years
it will be in the ratio 3:2. What will be their ages. Ans: 60,40
28. There was a Island. In that Island there was Rubys and Emeralds. Those
were available in plenty. 0.3 kg of ruby is 4 lakhs and 0.4 kg of emeralds
is 5 lakhs. Jayanth is buying 12 kg of Ruby and emerald. Choices will be
given . Jayanth has to carry both ruby and emerald to the maximum profit.
29. Varun buys 8 books,10 pens and 2 pencils and Babu buys 6 books, 5pens
and 5 pencils. Babu pays 50% more than Varun. What is the amount Varun
spends in buying pencils.
30. Prakash and Revathi rent a fancy shop. Prakash imposes the following
restrictions on Revathi for buying clips,stickers and lip sticks. The number
of clips is twice the no. of stickers. The no. of lipsticks should be more
than the sum of clips and stickers. Cost of clip is 1 rupee. Cost of
lipstick is twice the clips. Cost of 1 lipstick is the cost of four
stickers. Then What is the amount that Prakash spents for Revathi. Answer
choices will be given.
31. There are three departments having students 64,58,24 .In an exam they
have to be seated in rooms such that each room has equal number of students
and each room has students of one type only (No mixing of departments .Find
the minimum number rooms required . Ans : 73
32. A cube of side 12 cm was painted on all sides .Find the number of
unpainted cubes when the cube was divided into cubes of side 3cm Ans :8