Job Placement Papers (All Companies)
CMC Job Placement Paper
This is only a CMC sample paper. We are not providing you with all the questions - just some questions to give you a general idea of the test pattern.
Analytical Reasoning Section:
Directions for questions 1-5: The questions are based on the information
1. If Mr. A is on the first step, Which of the following is true?
2. If Mr. E was on the third step & Mr. B was on a higher step than Mr. E
which step must be vacant
3. If Mr. B was on step 1, which step could A be on?
4. If there were two steps between the step that A was standing and the step that B was standing on, and A was on a higher step than D , A must be on step
(a) i only
Directions for questions 6-9: The questions are based on the information given below
Six swimmers A, B, C, D, E, F compete in a race. The outcome is as
6. Who stood fifth in the race ?
7. How many swimmers seperate A and F ?
8. The swimmer between C & E is
Directions for questions 10-14: The questions are based on the
information given below
10. Which of the following is true ?
11. Which must be false ?
12. If house C has a yellow roof. Which must be true.
13. Which possible combinations of roof & chimney can house
14. What is the maximum total number of green roofs for houses
Note: The questions from 15-27 are multiple choice in the paper
20. There are two candles of equal lengths and of different thickness.
The thicker one lasts of six hours. The thinner 2 hours less than the
thicker one. Ramesh lights the two candles at the same time. When he went to
bed he saw the thicker one is twice the length of the thinner one. How long
ago did Ramesh light the two candles .
21. If M/N = 6/5,then 3M+2N = ?
22. If p/q = 5/4 , then 2p+q= ?
23. If PQRST is a parallelogram what it the ratio of triangle PQS & parallelogram PQRST .
24. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price what is the selling price ?
Ans: Rs 13.86/-
25. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes . If two of red shoes are drawn what is the probability of getting red shoes
26. To 15 lts of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 lts of pure water. What is % alcohol.
Ans : 15%
27. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full days work. He works 1,1/3,2/3,1/8.3/4 days in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker ?
Ans : 57.50
28. If the value of x lies between 0 & 1 which of the following is the largest?
Data Sufficiency Section:
Directions : For questions in this section mark
1. A man 6 feet tall is standing near a light on the top of a pole What
is the length of the shadow cast by the man.
2. Two pipes A and B emptied into a reservoir , pipe A can fill the
reservoir in 30 minutes by itself. How long it will take for pipe A and pipe
B together to fill up the reservoir.
3. K is an integer. Is K is divisible by 12
5. Was Melissa Brown's novel published?
6. Does every bird fly?
11. Is x greater than y
12. A piece of string 6 feet long is cut into three smaller pieces. How
long is the longest of the three pieces?
13. How many rolls of wall paper are necessary to cover the walls of a
room whose floor and ceiling are rectangles 12 feet wide and 15 feet long
15. Fifty students have signed up for atleast one of the courses GERMAN &
ENGLISH, how many of the 50 students are taking GERMANI but not ENGLISH?
16. Is ABCD is a square ?
(i) AD = AB
17. How much card board will it take to make a rectangular box with a lid
whose base has length 7 inches.
18. Did ABC company made profit in 1980?
19. How much is Janes salary?
20. Is x>1
21. How many of the numbers, x and y are positive? Both x and y are less
22. Is the angle ACB is right angle
23. How far it from town A to town B? Town C is 12 miles east of town A
24. A rectangular field is 40 yards long. Find the area of the field.
25. An industrial plant produces bottles. In 1961 the number of bottles
produced by the plant was twice the number of produced in 1960. How many
bottles were produced altogether in the year 1960, 61,&62
26. Is xy > 1 ? If x & y are both positive
27. Is it a Rhombus
28. How many books are in the book shelf
29. What is the area of the circle?
2. A school has 30% students from Maharashtra .Out of these 20% are Bombey students. Find the total percentage of Bombay?
3. An equilateral triangle of sides 3 inch each is given. How many equilateral triangles of side 1 inch can be formed from it?
4. If A/B = 3/5,then 15A = ?
Ans : 9B
5. Each side of a rectangle is increased by 100% .By what percentage does the area increase?
Ans : 300%
6. Perimeter of the back wheel = 9 feet, front wheel = 7 feet on a certain distance, the front wheel gets 10 revolutions more than the back wheel .What is the distance?
Ans : 315 feet.
7. Perimeter of front wheel =30, back wheel = 20. If front wheel revolves 240 times. How many revolutions will the back wheel take?
Ans: 360 times
8. 20% of a 6 litre solution and 60% of 4 litre solution are mixed. What percentage of the mixture of solution
9. City A's population is 68000, decreasing at a rate of 80 people per year. City B having population 42000 is increasing at a rate of 120 people per year. In how many years both the cities will have same population?
Ans: 130 years
10. Two cars are 15 kms apart. One is turning at a speed of 50kmph and the other at 40kmph . How much time will it take for the two cars to meet?
Ans: 3/2 hours
11. A person wants to buy 3 paise and 5 paise stamps costing exactly one rupee. If he buys which of the following number of stamps he won't able to buy 3 paise stamps.
12. There are 12 boys and 15 girls, How many different dancing groups can be formed with 2 boys and 3 girls.
14. There are two circles, one circle is inscribed and another circle is circumscribed over a square. What is the ratio of area of inner to outer circle?
Ans: 1 : 2
Directions for questions 15-17: The questions are based on the information given below :
Miss Dean wants to rennovate her house. She hires a plumber, a carpenter,
a painter, an electrician and an interior decorator. The work to be finished
in one working (Monday - Friday ).
15. If the painter work on Thursday, which one of the following alternatives is possible?
(a) The electrician works on Tuesday.
16. If the painter works on Friday which of the following must be false?
(a) . The carpenter may works on Wednesday