Capgemini Placement paper
|CAPGEMINI PAPER ON 30th JULY
Hi Capgemini Aspirants, I am a BE student at Kavikulguru
Institue of Technology and science, Ramtek, Nagpur. First of
all, let me tell you, I never knew anything about Capgemini
before I started preparing for it. If you are appearing for
Capgemini campus, then I would suggest you to prepare really
well, because getting into this company will be a mega
booster for your career.
I think you should know the following about Capgemini:
1. Capgemini is a Europe MNC (unlike indian borne MNCs like
Infosys, Wipro and all), spread in 38 countries around the
2. Its a 13.8 billion $ company. Companies like
infosys,satyam,wipro are not even half of Capgemini.(TCS
being 7.4 bn$)
3. Its called the gurus of consulting .
4. It stands 5th the Indian IT company rankings 2008.
5. It stands 4th in the best IT consulting services company
in the recent world rankings by Forbes.
6. Capgemini is a very good company for the freshers, unlike
other IT firms ,Capgemini stands the last when it comes to
Capgemini came for a Campus recruitment drive on Jul 30th,
The criteria was: For BE: 60% in BE till date & no active
We were asked to report at 8:30am and to our surprise, the
recruiters appeared sharp at 8:30 am (unlike other company
people who are generally 3 or more hrs late). The most
punctual company to add.. Then started the selection
1) Presentation: All the appearing students were called in a
hall to see a power point presentation about the company. It
was really interesting. We were formally introduced to the
HR and her team. Its always better to note important points
form the presentation since it may be asked in the
interview. We were told about the package that we were going
to get. It was 3 lakh CTC per annum. After the presentation,
we were asked to move in rooms for aptitude test.
2) Aptitude Test: Aptitude test was on paper and an
objective type. The paper was divided into two sections:
(i) Quantitative 25 questions.
(ii) Analytical 25 questions.
We were given 1hr to solve the paper. There was a sectional
cut-off of 10 marks (it was told in advance) and there was a
provision of negative marking (0.25 marks deducted for every
incorrect answer). I went for around 15 questions from both
the sections and managed to clear the aptitude test. Please
note that there were 3 sets of question papers and they
contained very few common questions. But a lot of questions
(around 8-10) in each set were repeated questions (questions
that had been asked in earlier campus interviews by
Capgemini). So do refer to the previous years papers...So, I
will suggest you togo through all the questions by heart
that I am giving with their answers.
1. Find min value of fn: |-5-x| + |2-x|+|6-x|+10-x|; where x
is an integer
0 17 23 19
2. units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
2 4 6 8
3. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A
n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st
hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on…when will they meet i in 7
hrs ii at 35 kms from A iii in 10 hrs iv midway
4. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
5 2 1 3
5. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense
2190/-.2760/- on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of
2585 2225 2670 3325
6. in a 2 digit no unit’s place is halved and tens place is
doubled.diff bet the nos is 37.digit in unit’s place is 2
more than tens place.
24 46 42 none
7. if x-y + z = 19 , y + z =20 , x-z=3 , find d value of
22 38 17 none
8. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
72 56 86 44
9. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comp’s A B & C is 4:7:5
and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp
had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the
prod of Comp B this yr?
2.1L 22.1L 4.1L none
10. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to
81.what is two fifth of that no.? 108/54/210/none
11. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs
then what is d rate?
5% 20% 25% 14.8%
12. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of
sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius
and height of the cylinder
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
13. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending
14. A is 4 yrs old and B is thrice A>when A is 12 yrs, how
old will B be?
16 20 24 28
15. Boat goes downstream from P to Q in 2hrs, upstream in
6hrs and if speed of stream was ½ of boat in still water.
Find dist PQ
6 4 10 none
16. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes
contain 20% water by %age. What will b wt of dried grapes
when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes? 2kg 2.4kg 2.5kg none
17. How many 5 digit no. can b formed wit digits 1, 2,
3,4,5,6 which r divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
144 168 192 none
18. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each.
He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money
of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min
no. of such bags reqd :
10 17 15 none
19.There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are
60m X 20m.There is a walkway of uniform width around garden.
Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway:
1 2 3 4
20. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 0
miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages
20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race
at same tym, who’ll finish:
i. 1st Jack ii.Sandy iii.they tie iv.Impossible to tell
21. A man engaged a servant on a condn that he’ll pay Rs 90
and also give him a bag at the end of the yr. He served for
9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of
turban is i. Rs :
10 19 0 55
22. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black
mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does
it align again for the first tym?
14 20 22 5sec
23. If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
i. x=3y ii. x=y/3 iii. x=(2/3)y iv. none
24. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the
average of the nos.? i. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146
i. 8 ii. 6 iii. 4 iv. none
ANALYTICAL: Direction for Qn 1-8
Ans A using I only Ans B using II only Ans C using both I
and II Ans D not solvable
1. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many
eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of
2. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakash’s mothers age is 3yrs less than his father’s
3. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
4. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to
Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes
Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
5. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y? i. GDP’s
of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth
rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X
was 1.2 times Y
6. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12
hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey? i.
The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time ii. During its
journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins
waiting time at each end.
7. What are the values of m and n? i. n is an even integer,
m is odd integer and m is greater than n. ii. The product of
m and n is 30
8. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
Direction for Qn 9-12
Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played
against each other. The top teams played finals. A win
fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in the
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
9. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
10. Who won the finals?
iv. Can’t be determined
11. How many matches did India Win?
iv. can’t be determined
12. What was the outcome of the India England Match
i. India won
ii. England won
iii. It was a tie
iv. Can’t be determined
Direction for Qn 13-14
These qns are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon.
The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a
single rectangular table. A and G have to leave the luncheon
early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table,
which is closest to exit. B will receive Man of the Match
and must be in the centre chair C and D who are bitter
rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another
and should be seated as far apart as possible E and F are
best friends and want to seat together.
13. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the
i. C ii. D iii. G iv. F
14. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A ii. B & D iii. C & F iv. G & D
Direction for Qn 15-18
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The
offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and
they are separated from each other by dividers>hence voices,
sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to
another Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often
throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as
they need to consult each other often while working.
Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the
office no. 5, having the biggest window. Mr D requires
silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr M and Mr. D are all
smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and
consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by
non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees
maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hrs.
15. The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B
will be i. Miss H ii. Mr. M iii. Mr. T iv. Mr. D
16. The three employees who are smokers should be seated in
the offices i. 1 2 4 ii. 2 3 6 iii. 1 2 3 iv. 1 2 3
17. The ideal office for Mr. M would be i. 2 ii. 6 iii. 1
18. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one
month since the assignment of the offices would a request
for a change in office be put forth by one or more
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss H’s office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Direction for Qn 19-20
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is
moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The
different instructions that can be used in moving it, and
their meanings are: Instruction Meaning GOTO(x,y) move to pt
with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently WALKX (P)
move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve
direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve WALKY(P) move
parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve
direction if p is +ve and in –ve if p is –ve
19. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr.
Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKY(2),
WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
i. 2,4 ii. 0,0 iii. 3,2 iv. 2,3
20. The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0.>
i. 2 ii. 1 iii. x + y iv. 0
Direction for Qn 21-23
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one
of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins,
and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins
than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
21. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr.
to P then which one of the foll. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
22. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of
the foll is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
23. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the foll.
is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii. R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv. P and R together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Qn 24-25
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as
Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
24. What is sufficient to estimate Elle’s age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the
same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above iv. None of the above
25. Which one of the foll. statements can be inferred from
the info above i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda ii. Elle is
older than Waheeda iii. Elle’s age may be less than that of
Waheeda iv. None of the above I would suggest you to go
through as many Capgemini placement papers as possible. The
questions are very simple. Candidates those who managed to
clear the aptitude test were called for GD session.
3) Group Discussion:
All the selected candidates were divided into 13 groups of
10 students each.
The GD was being conducted simultaneously in 2 rooms. Our
group got the topic "LIVE-IN RELATIONSHIP" Clearing the GD
round is easy. The coordinators were really very friendly
and made all the candidates relaxed. In GD, you will have to
show your participation. Do open up your mouth, but at the
same time, see to it that you are not disrupting others and
make out a valid point atleast try to be around the point
and just not beat around the bushes n blabber anything. Dont
loose confidence even if you are not a very good speaker.
Just give strong points, this is what matters the most.
After about 1hr the list of candidates who had cleared the
GD was displayed and they were asked to report in a room for
further proceedings. 60 candidates cleared the GD round.
4) Personal Interview:
There were 3 interview panels consisting of 2 members each.
The interviews were going on simultaneously.The interveiwer
are the different ppl here ...i mean not the one in GD
round..one was Preeti mam..main HR she was there for PI n
the other sir for technical..for interview just wanna say
that be very firm with ur answers showing full confidence
.If u dont knw any answer say to them....they just asked abt
the dead basics of C & C++,some of Software Engg,n yes if u
have gone through any project be very clear with that coz
they may be asking ur contribution to that...Sir also gave
me to write a logic for swapping,
Try to be confident n yes keep smiling...coz it may add
finally the results were out... n i was the 7th to be
selected...there were total 19 selections ...
Best of luck to all u ppl... hope to see u all soon in