CADENCE Placement Papers
Cadence paper..... 04
Technical part 1
2. inorder & preorder seq. of tree is given & you have to find out post
very easy but do practice you can make one easy method by practice..
3. problem on pass by ref. & pass by value.
asn: x=5 & y=3
4.in assembler relocatable code generated by ...!!??
asn: indirect addressing
5.depth of the tree
6.very simple problem on binary tree ...
so learn who to build tree & insert new tree node...
7.problem on FSM
8.problem on stack
9.problem on grammer
Technical part 2
2. for modulo-13 ...FF req.
3. asn: modulo-6
4. ans: z(x+y)
5. ans: 0,1
6. on DMA : I/O to Mem. without CPU monitering
7. problem on ring counter
asn: 4 cycle
8.number given in form 20 digit repesentation ...
where A,B ,C ,,,..J
number is 'IA'
what is the value in octal
9. one program is given
inwhich statement are
you have to find complexcity of prog.
1. log( X**3 + Y**3) where x=3/4 y=1/4
log(3) , log(7) & log(2) is given ...
2. one puzzle related cards ...
asn: 1 black card & 12 red crads
3. last question of paper ..
sum of money of A & B =Rs.10
diffrence of A & B = Rs.9
ans : 50 pesa
4. one paper is equlely folded 50 times...
what is new thikness of paper..
5. problem in which two circle are drawn ...& triangle..
6. one problem related to two train ...
ans: (T + t)/2
7. connect nine point without take-off pen & without overlapping line
1 2 3 4
* * * 5
* * * 6
0* * * 7
answer: start with 0 to 1 to 7 to 0 to 4 .
8. make four equle parts..
hint : repeat same shape in it.
9. one area finding problem
in which in 10 * 10 box small 2*2 box & one triangle ...
sheded area you have to find...
1-18 General (i) Data sufficiency
19-45 C & UNIX
1. |x-a|=a-x Ans: (c) x<=a
2. There is six letter word VGANDA . How many ways you can arrange the
letters in the word in such a way that both the A's are together.
Ans : 120 (5x4!)
3. If two cards are taken one after another without replacing from
a pack of 52 cards what is the probability for the two cards be
queen. Ans : (4/52)*(3/51) (1/17)*(1/13)
4. 51 x 53 x ... x 59 ; symbols ! - factorial
^ - power of 2
(a) 99!/49! (b) (c) (d) (99! x 25!)/(2^24 x 49! x 51!)
5. The ratio of Boys to Girls is 6:4. 60% of the boys and 40% of girls
take lunch in the canteen. What % of class takes lunch in canteen.
Ans : 52% (60/100)*60 + (40/100)*40
Data Sufficiency : a) only statement A is sufficent , B is not
b) only statemnet B
c) both are necessary
d) both are not sufficient.
6. X is an integer. Is X dvisible by 5?
A) 2X is divisible by 5.
B) 10X is divisible by 5.
Ans : A)
7. (A) Anna is the tallest girl
(B) Anna is taller than all boys.
(Q) . Is Anna the tallest in the class
Ans : c
8. maths question
9, 10 Analytical
Zulus always speak truth and Hutus always speak lies. There are
three persons A,B&C. A met B and says " I am a Zulu or I am Hutu".
We don't know what exactly he said. then B meets C and says to c
that " A is a Zulu ". Then C replied " No, A is a Hutu ".
9. How many Zulus are there ? Ans 2( check)
10) Who must be a Zulu ? Ans B (check)
A father F has 5 sons, p,q,r,s,t. Not necessarly in this order.
Two are of same age. The eldest and youngest cannot be twins. T is elder
to r and younger to q and s has three older brothers
q) who are the twins? s,t
q) who is the oldest and youngest? q, (s&t)
There are 7 people who take a test among which M is the worst, R is
disqualified, P and S obtain same marks, T scores less than S and Q scores
less than P, N scores higher than every one.
Ans : N P S T Q R M (may be, just check) or N S P T Q R M
C & UNIX
19. What does chmod 654 stand for.
Ans : _rw_r_xr__
20. Which of following is used for back-up files?
(a) compress (b) Tar (c) make (d) all the above Ans : b
21 what does find command do ? Ans : search a file
22. what does " calloc" do?
Ans : A memory allocation and initialising to zero.
23 what does exit() do?
Ans : come out of executing programme.
24. what is the value of 'i'?
Ans : 1
printf("%old %old %old %old ",i, i++,i--,i++);
Ans : check the answer.
26. Using pointer, changing A to B and B to A is Swapping the function
using two address and one temperory variable. a,b are address, t is
temporary variable. How function look like?
Ans : swap(int *, int *, int )
27. In 'o' how are the arguments passed?
ans : by value.
28. Find the prototype of sine function.
Ans : extern double sin(double)
29. Scope of a global variable which is declared as static?
ans : File
30. ASCII problem
ans : 6
32. what is the o/p
printf(" Hello \o is the world ");
Ans : Hello is the world.
33. Clarifying the concept addresses used over array ; ie changing
the address of a base element produces what error?
34. child process -- fork
child shell -- sh
35. Answer are lex 7 yacc & man read these things in UNIX
36. What is
int *p(char (*s))
Ans : p is a function which is returning a pointer to integer
which takes arguments as pointer to array of characters.