CADENCE Job Placement Paper
CADENCE PLACEMENT PAPER
10 qs were from s/w and 10 from h/w and
rest 55 qs were from Aptitude. Apti qs were analytical and were to be
in 45 min. most of them were of GRE type.
There were some qs in figures, ie find the next figure
Also find the odd one out, among some figures etc, jumbled words, refer
some IMS material on non verbal figurative test.
then ther wer paragraph based qs, comprehension qs,
also some qs on suffix and prefix eg
BEG__SIDE is given, 'IN' if filled in the blanks give two words BEGIN
INSIDE, like that.
Also in my next mail I will be sending some more qs from Cadence paper.
Till then you should prepare throughly for aptitude
1. Inorder and preorder trees (expressions) are given and postorder tree
expression) is to be found out.
2. int v,u;
while(v != 0)
t = v % u;
v = u;
u = t;
find the time complexity of the above program.
3. x is passed by reference, y passed by value.
x = 3, y = 2;
var integer x, y;
x = x + 2;
y = y + 3;
x = 5;
y = 5;
print (x, y);
output of the above pseudo code.
4. given a grammar, in which some productions of if then else etc were
given. you had to choose one option that can be derived out of the
5. how many flip flops you require for modulo 19 counter.
6. ring counter's initial state is 01000. after how many clock cylces
it return to the initial state.
7. some boolesn expression of the form x'y'z' + yz + .. ( something like
this) find the simplified expression
8. given 6 bit mantissa in 2s complement form and 4 bit exponent is in
excess-4 form in a floating point representation, find the number
ans -(something) * ( 2 to the power 3)
9. A signed no is stored in 10-bit register, what is the max and min
possible value of the number.
A few apti qs are follows.
10. A room is 30 X 12 X 12. a spider is ont the middle of the samller
wall, 1 feet from the top, and a fly is ont he middle of the opposite
1 feet from the bottom. what is the min distance reqd for the spider to
crawl to the fly.
11. A man while going dowm in a escalator(which is miving down) takes 50
steps to reach down and while going up takes 125 steps. If he goes 5
faster upwards than downwards. What will be the total no of steps if the
escalator werent moving.
12. 2/3 of corckery(plates) are broken, 1/2 have someother thing(handle)
broken , 1/4 are both broken and handle broken. Ultimately only 2 pieces
of corckery were without any defect. How many crockery were there in
___|___ ___|___ ___|___ |
| | | | | | |
| |__ | |___ | |___ |
|_______| | |_______| |__not_ |_______| | |
| | | |
boxes are negative edge triggered flip flops and 'not' and 'and' are
gates. What is this figure.
It is difficult to draw a figure but another question was in which some
NAND and OR gates were given.
ans - Z = true.
As I wrote you 75 Marks paper..time limit 1.15 H