Noise cancelling headphones

Discussion in 'Electronics Forum' started by Guest, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My dear wife's getting on in age and suffers from annoying, ringing noises, when she wants to go to sleep.
    I guess... the noise is a sinus wave and to combat it I imagine... a frequency and volume adjustible audio-sinewave oscillator could counter/cancel out this noise.
    I suppose... works like an MP-Uzzi I used to practice with at the 'Bundeswehr' or like two same weight hammers bashed together... at the same speed.
    Now it's over to you experts... neither relying on guesses, nor imagination or suppositions... because you have have got certainty on this matter and circuit for me. Thx in advance, it might safe us doctor's bills. Anxiously awaiting your reply!!! Kind Regards from old jjj in Chile
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

hi jjj well i guess that ur headphone is not properly terminated through an exact impedance thats y u r getting this problem try a 75ohm resistor with the jack in series and tell me the exact thing that happened.
    regards sunil
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi sunil PRASAD,

Surprised... to get an answer after 2 years!
    Thx for your help, but in her case it's to do with pitched sounds elderly people
    suffer from; I forgot what's called. I found several Apps, which counter this problem. Before I didn't know how solve this problem.
    Great would be an electronic circuit for it. Regards, Joh from Chile
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I JUST ENROLLED IN TO THIS FORUM NOW ONWARDS I'L BE HERE WIH MY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS .
    IN UR CASE I M NOT ABLE TO GET THE PROBLEM EXACTLY DATS Y I CAN'T DESIGN ANYTHING IF U CAN ELOBORATE THEN DAT WILL BE BETTER LIKE HOW THE SOUND COMES, DOES IT EFFECTS UR WIFES HEART,EARS /HEAD ALL THESE SPECIFICATION R IMPORTANT. PLZ RELY WITH THE WHOLE PROBLEM
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi sunil PRASAD,

Thx again, for you kind reply.
    No, it affects only her nerves and derives her of proper sleep. This condition is called "tinnitus".
    I think the easiest way to cure it is to use some tinnitus Apps, specially designed to cure the problem. I already d/l a couple of them.
    There one has to select one of many noises, which counters the noise one hears. I then recorded this counter noise for her onto an audio-cassette for 90 Min. Now, whenever she suffers from this problem, she just puts on the earphone and turns on the cassette player, which turns itself of after 90 Min, in case she sleeps in. End of problem! :)
    Another (costly way) would be to use an electronic circuit, which offers a range of noises and one could adjust the effective one.
    Secret: Important in life is, that we resolve or at least minimize all our problem as logically correct as possible. That's of what quality of life is made up!
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

ALL RIGHT SIR I WILL TRY A CIRCUIT WHICH CAN GENERATE A VARIABLE FREQUENCY AUDIDLE NOISE AND WILL POST U SOON IF IT WORKS.
    :idea: I THINK A VARIABLE RESISTOR CONTROLLED RF GENERATOR CAN DO THE TRICK U SHOULD TRY IT, I WILL TRY HERE AT MY PALCE THEN U TELL ME THE RESULT
    REGARDS SPIDY(MY NICK NAME )
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi sunil PRASAD; Hi Spidy,

You are so kind! Yet, I think the problem is far more complex. There exist noise-canceling circuits for people working in noisy environments.
    Thus, to design such a circuit takes quite a lot of experience in this field.
    I cannot possibly ask you to design such a circuit.
    As mentioned, I already d/l a couple of Apps, designed to cure the tinnitus problem and it does a good job.
    As I'm a bit of an inventor, I might have a more useful project in the near future and it's always helpful to know a friend like you. On the other hand I don't expect you to "work for nothing". I enjoyed electronics on hobby level for several decades.
    So, in this case I'm glad having solved the problem myself. I enjoy musical creativity, playing MIDI instruments, etc. Here, you can watch me performing (whistling) to music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQpI6RsPo8k
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The above circuit is from a Boss Tremolo pedal I bought. I did some changes, because I wanted it to be only on when I press the pedal.
    Now I wish to create a little delay so, that the tremolo gently swings in; instead of suddenly. Have you any idea how that could be done?
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

WELL SIR I M ALSO A KIND OF ELECTRONICS FREAK U CAN SAY, BUT AS I HV JUST COMPLETED MY BACHELOR IN ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING I CAN'T SAY THAT I WILL SURELY BE ABLE TO BE ON THE 100% OF UR EXPECTATION, BUT YES I ALWAYS LIKED TO FACE THE PROBLEMS REGARDING CIRCUITS IT MAKES MY GRAY CELLS GOING ON AND IN RETURN I DON'T WANT ANYTHING ITS JUST A HOBBY. ANYWAYS I HAVE GOT THE CIRCUIT AND WILL TRY TO COME WITH A SATISFACTORY ANSWER. UR VIDEO WAS FANTABULOUS.
    REGARDS SPIDY....... :idea:
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

can u plz tell me where exactly u hv put that switch that u use to operate the tremolo by urself.........
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

U AN USE A BIPOLAR JUNCTION TRANSISTOR LIKE BC548IN SERIES AND IN COMMON EMMITOR MODE, WITH UR SWITCH THAT WILL GIVE U A VERY LITTLE DELAY IN UR SWITCHING TIME,AS IT TAKES TIME TO GO INTO SATURATION LEVEL ....... OR IF U WANT MORE DELAY U CAN USE A CAPACITOR IN SERIES WITH APPROPRIATE VALUE LIKE 10UF OR MORE IN SERIES WITH THE SWITHCH OR LOAD
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you... sunil PRASAD, (I like your user, too!) :)
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

sir didn't get ur words by "i like ur user too"
    i m the one who has been sending u the mssg from the begining, i don,t have any user on this name its me only u suspect or did u mean something else..........